What is your favorite....

benny

Artifact Of Chaos
May 4, 2001
Seattle
www.myspace.com
Thrash metal bands? I recently have started digging into this genre after seeing Death Angel live. They were by far the best band I have ever seen and I have been uncovering some gems because of them.

Being relatively new to the genre I have not heard much stuff but lately I have been enjoying:

Forced Entry - Uncertain Future
Testament - The Legacy, The New Order
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence

whats your faves?

Not much of a thrasher myself but Testament is a good start. Also make sure to check out Kreator, my favourite albums being "Coma Of Souls" and "Violent Revolution" (they have a lot of different sounding albums out..)

For more modern thrash check out Darkane!

Tbh im not into nowaday´s Trash but it was my very first step into metal at all.
No idea if this helps, but in the mid-late 80´s "Trash" was VoiVod (strong industrial touch), Destruction (typical german trash band with their infamous Mad Butcher album), the unique Holy Moses from Liechtenstein (laugh hehe) - vocals by Sabina Clasen and screaming "Too drunk to f*ck" ..... milestone hehe.
There were tons of other bands oc (Sodom, Protector, Asphyx, even Motörhead id count in), but as i said i have not a single idea whats going on there nowadays.

Thanks for the recommendations,

I have actually been thinking of buying the Darkane albums but I thought I would try to get some of the old classics first. Yesterday I got Atrophy - Violent By Nature, and Dark Angel - Darkness Descends. Hopefully I can get some albums by Kreator, Destruction, and Sodom sometime soon.

Is indeed. Get We Have Arrived also if you can, maybe not quite as good (not as fast, not as good vox), but it kicks ass.

We'll give you merciless... DEATH!