What kind of singing do you like the most?

What type of singing do you like the most?

• Growling (Children of Bodom-[Alexi Laiho] etc.)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Falsetto (King Diamond, Bruce Dickinson etc.)

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Yelling (Slayer-[Tom Araya], Kreator-[Mille Petrozza] etc.)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • "Normal singing" (Megadeth-[Dave Mustaine], Manowar-[Eric Adams] etc.)

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Whispering (Erm... Tell me if you can think of someone!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other type. What?

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Schurl said:
It just depends on the music, I enjoy Eric Adams as well as John Tardy.

Eric Adams, wasn´t that the uy from Mr. Big? No Manowar...

Personally I will never be able to listen to Mr. Big without heroin, cleaning alcohol or several gunshot wounds in my body. Ah fuck it I hate Manowar too I have no respect for abunch of homosexuals who refuse to leave the closet.

I like all kinds except typical Black Metal screams, depends on how they are used!

I like Falsetto a lot with KD, MF and Judas Priest (and also ANTHRAX!!!)

I like thrash screams a lot but not Mille Petrozza so much, more like Tom Angelripper or Sheepdog from RAZOR.

I also like Death Metal grunts like Six Feet Under, Obituary, Bolt Thrower, Benediction, Grave and Unleashed but not teh over the top stuff they call Death Metal nowadays.

I wouldn;t call Dave Mustaine a "singer" I think he is a decent guitar played but his band is very very overrated!

I'm kinda mixed as well.

I like the falsetto like Candlemass.

Screams like Exciter,Raven & Abattoir.

Yelling like Slayer & Kreator.

Death Metal too me is like Possessed & Death.

Plus I also like the raspy voice of Trouble.

:headbang:

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
I'm kinda mixed as well.

I like the falsetto like Candlemass.

Screams like Exciter,Raven & Abattoir.

Yelling like Slayer & Kreator.

Death Metal too me is like Possessed & Death.

Plus I also like the raspy voice of Trouble.

:headbang:

TROUBLE kicks ass!

I love Bon Scott's vocals a lot too as well as Brian Johnson's but that's not really metal.

CANDLEMASS is really cool too Messiah Marcolin is a kickass frontman!

I'm a vocals slut. I like a bit of everything..

My all time favourite vocalist is Silvio Massaro (Vanishing Point, Manic Opera). Vanishing Point are his main band. They're a Power-flavoured Melodic Prog Metal group from Australia. In terms of powerey vocals also love Jorn Lande's voice (Jorn, Masterplan, Ark), that of Time Grose (Dungeon, LORD) and the great Ronnie James Dio (Rainbow, Dio, some Black Sabbath) and Bruce Dickinson (Samson, Iron Maiden). Devin Townsend is another favoutire (Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend, Punky Bruster, Steve Vai's 'Sex & Religion'), Zakk Wylde's voice matches perfectly with his guitar wanking, Michael Akerfeldt (Opeth, Bloodbath's 'Resurrection Through Carnage) has great death vocals, Pepper Keenan (Corrosion Of Conformity) has a sweet voice too, Clint Boge (The Butterfly Effect) has one of the best and most unique voices in Australia, Altti Vetelainen (Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, Kalmah, For My Pain) has a good set of lungs too, one that matches very well with the very-Melodic Death Metal he's been involved with. Cucky Billy (Testament) owned arse on 'The Gathering', Chris Hall (Stabbing Westward, The Dreaming) also has a strong set of pipes too.

...if I go on, i think I'm going to be here for a few hours so I'll leave it at that.

Arg_Hamster said:

Personally I will never be able to listen to Mr. Big without heroin, cleaning alcohol or several gunshot wounds in my body. Ah fuck it I hate Manowar too I have no respect for abunch of homosexuals who refuse to leave the closet.

ROFLMFAO!!!
5.gif

Arg_Hamster said:

Yes, Mr. Big was absolutely horrible, but in my opinion the first four Manowar albums and especially the vocals on it were brilliant. However, I have to admit that their image (which seems to be more important than the music nowadays) and self-presentation sucks.

I like the growley thing i guess. mostly i like it to be hard but still br able to hear what the lyrics are so james hetfield and jonh bush are ideal. falsetto is ok for a while or as a joke. one of the bands i'm in has a falseto singer he's awesome but i end up laughing every time i hear him sing. but falsetto still holds more respect than the stupid brittish punk accent

I guess I'd vote for "normal" but personally I consider Mustane's voice anything but that. He's more in the "singing with a sinus infection while trying to squeeze one out" catagory.

Back