WHat are some non metal bands you ppl like?

who's laughing? Thats good stuff roxy. You should check into the soundtrack for Conan the barb. ITs very good in the same way. Very exiting.

YEah, i used to get flamed all the time, and still do at forums im new at, just cause i listen to a shit load of genres,. Then they figure out that either, A)Im not gonna stop cause they are flammin me....or B) They actually listen to some of the stuff i post about, an dthey find they like it.

Listen on! DIversity rules.

Agreed...I get shit for liking Mandy Moore's last CD (she has a GREAT voice), and if some motherfucker says something about it, I just say, "Yeah, and I've forgotten more about metal than you'll ever know."

Like what you like, weed out the shit, and you'll be okay!

I really love classical music- especially stravinsky and bruckner- I was turned onto a composer named messaien- incredible. I'm a big fan of the choral arrangements, such as those by orff- brahms etc. - there is something about the power of a few hundred human voices.
I also listen to the beatles, the stones, the doors, yes, the band. etc.
I love the blues, like Stevie Ray, Muddy Waters , and Robert Johnson.And to really get spaced out I listen to some Sun Ra- way out there jazz.
Metal does seem to be the music of choice though, yet I really am just a searcher, endlessly searching for new and interesting music etc.

Originally posted by ledmag
Did you notice i didnt even get flamed for my Rod Stewart thread?

ITs getting better around here when it comes to diversity.

I think we all know by now that metalheads are the most accepting of all the genres...it's the pop/christian/polka people that are Nazis! ;)

Well..in popmusic, i mostly listen to 80's bands..because the music that is "hot" right now, man..i can't stand it! I have to play it in the store (when a new cd comes out) and i'm so glad when that disk is finished..trance, techno..doesn't matter, it's all the same 'headache" shit..(and i think i don't have to play it in the store to get the attention for the cd..that crap sells itself! I always play music in the store that needs the attention..if i won't play it, most people won't know it..just a little "spoon-feeding"..and the sheep will follow..damn, i love my job :)
But, Tori Amos, Kirstin Hersh, Supertramp, Yes, Alan Parson Project,Eurythmics,Lenny Kravitz, Queen, Enigma, Enya, and many others, will do just fine.
Other bands/artists that i like are:
Angelique Kidjo, Izaline Calister, Buena vista Social club, Nina Simone, Simon Philips, Vinnie Colaiuta, Mana, Gino Vanelli...
Jazz, fusion, some latin jazz..and yes, i listen to classic music too :) I prefer opera, especially when it's performed by Maria Callas..i just love that woman's voice..she's a real diva!
Ok, enough for now..

xxx Iris xxx