WHat are some non metal bands you ppl like?

What is this "non metal" you speak of ??????

KMFDM!!!!!
vinnie moore
amon tobin
orbital
new amorphis
snoop dogg
and a bunch of punk
theres more but these are the most comon.
-neal

dude wesly willis is fucking hillarious!!

Hey, new amorphis is very good stuff Neal. I have all their cd';s. Good band no matter what style they are playin. well, their 1st cd wasnt much IMO, but hey, the others make up for that.

I really like N'Sync and Britney Spears. Sometimes I'll listen to them after a nice hour listening to Nevermore. Otherwise, my favorite bands are Blink 182, Metallica, Slipknot, Linkin Park, and Staind. The guitar work in Blink 182 albums is amazing, far better than anything Nevermore has put out.

It's All Pimpadelics, People. Nevermore Is My Alien Jet Pilot XTC. I Just Can't Keep From Poppin' Them WaAaAaves...Wooo!. Anyway I'm Bumpin' Busta Rhymes, Enon, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Rasputina, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Costello, U.K., Jugheads Revenge, Allan Holdsworth, Lauren Hill, John Mayer Is Bangin', All Of JaRule's Hits, Dr. Dre And His Hits, System Of A Down, Deadsy, Self, Our Lady Peace, Rakim, Wu Tang. I've Been Trying To Check A Group Called Cyclefly, But I Haven't Found Anything Yet. There's Much Many Mucho Mas. It All Comes Down To, I Jes Loves Me Some Funky Bad-Ass Thriller Pimpin', Sonicular,Flash Phat And Nevermore Is Good Blood.
No-Wha-Um-Sayin' ?

yeah, lotsa stuff out there thats worth listenin ...
60s and 70s pop&rock is great - Led Zep, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Beatles, CCR, the who, Manfred Mann, Police, David Bowie, Queen, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Winger, EL&P, BÖC, ...
Some alternative stuff I´m in ... nick cave, dinosaur jr. and the like
lotsa 80s stuff - great SoM and other pre-Gothic sound

George Micheal,Madonna,Jane's Addiction,some Micheal Jackson,Prince...uh...U2,311,Jay-Z,NWA,Snoop Dogg,Dr.Dre,some Eminem,Backstreet Boys(the only boy band w/even an iota of talent and originality) and some others.You know,the one-hit wonder bands whose songs you'll sometimes hear on the radio...you think"I love his song,but I have no idae who it's by!"those are the ones.:) Oh,and Elvis,too.Patsy Cline,kd lang,Roy Orbison,David Bowie,Little Richard...some country
There,all of my dirty little secrets there...

Not things that I listen to on a regualr basis,just things that I can stand that aren't metal...besides,Amos,you said that you listen to Nelly and Michelle Branch and Sum 41 and whatever else it was that you wrote on your art portfolio.:D So,once again,we are even.

Yes, the art portfolio brings us to being even. Though that was back when I was still so immature and ignorant. I can't believe I was like that so shortly ago. But now I'm not fucked up like that anymore. Yeah, I knew what you meant... I was just surprised at some of them, I wasn't saying you shouldn't like them... although the whole Backstreet Boys thing does make me a little nervous... teehee

Originally posted by dreaming neon darkspot
Yes,but the BSB was the only boy band that I listed as even remotely being able to stand...that's it.I'm mostly into metal,though...thank goodness.

Jesus fuckin christ, I was just kidding about what I said. In comparing to what you and some others have said, it might actually be believable. :p

But each to his own...

So I'll tell the truth: Pratically all the metal I listen to I got from RIP50. That includes Blind Guardian (currently obsessed over them), Nevermore, Iced Earth, Warmen, Iron Maiden, and others.

That said, I also listen to Tool for "easy listening." I like some kinds of techno. My favorite band is by far King Crimson.

I like music in general, and in vague ways I can appriciate virtually any music. But since I have a permanent vendetta against pop culture and groupthink, I typically reject popular bands, the main reason being that "shit floats to the top" when it comes to music.