what kinda metal?

urza

moRaLisT
Jun 23, 2002
Germany, Haan
www.beepworld.de
i heard to some in flames songs (about 25) and i think it's new metal! it's not bad, i like in flames very much but they think they are hard and true because they're from sweden. they are so "melodic death metal"....my classmates told me. did you ever listened to opeth....anyway

its the new stuff especially....they have these boring riffs and absolute simple songstructures....

tell me!

Well most of In Flames' songs aren't as fast or intense as most death metal songs are. I would say Arch Enemy is more of a fit for melodic death metal.

In Flames has more of a power metal style with harmonized guitar parts and a death metal vocal element, at least they used to before Anders decided to "sing".

Lunar Strain is melodic death metal. everything after that started to lose the "death metal" part. not so much on TJR and Whoracle, but colony was where the "death metal" part was questionable. and nowadays they're melodic korn.

oh my god.. i can't belive i'm actually reading this....

In flames dosen't sound like korn!! or like any new metal shit... Melodic Death Metal.. hard to say. but true metal.. HELL YEAH!!!!!...

nu-metal.. never...

nu-metal shuldn't even be called metal...

i'm not trying to be a smart ass, but, come on guys, if you are entering to the In Flames forum just to "hate" in flames... then you shuldn't post here at all.

Reroute To Remain has an obvious nu-metal sound.
The guitar/drum distortion sounds very much like Korn, and the vocs sound whiny and out of tune exactly the same way Jonathan Davis's does.
And im not saying this because i 'hate' In Flames, im saying this because this is my opinion.

Music is music. Why do people think everything needs to be classified as something and given a specific name.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
i'm not trying to be a smart ass, but, come on guys, if you are entering to the In Flames forum just to "hate" in flames... then you shuldn't post here at all.

so what your saying is that people arent allowed to have a different opinion and voice it? thats called freedom of speech. personally, i like r2r for what it is compared to most crap they call metal here in the US. but compared to all their other albums, it sucks donkey nuts.