What laptop do you own?

What type of laptop do you own for your audio work?

• Mac

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • PC

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Toshiba Satellite L-670
i5 CORE
4 GB RAM (just checked this out and I'm scratching my head as I swore I upgraded it to 8GB when I made the online purchase)
WIN 7 Professional

It's held up really well for about 2 years now. Only complaint is a "stuck" pixel that was there from factory and sometimes audio glitches while playing music and the comp is doing an update or something.

2012 Macbook Pro Retina, 15". I LOVE the SSD drive, the screen flickers though so I'll probably have to get it replaced.

I had to use an early 2000s pentium 4 single core desktop the other year for a while and my mixes actually got better.

I've even gone from PT 7 to Reaper...

Slowly getting more ghetto every day...

I kid though, that laptop is a work horse, I use it when I DJ too... (and yes by DJ I mean I load tracks and press play...)

Toshiba Satellite L-670
i5 CORE
4 GB RAM (just checked this out and I'm scratching my head as I swore I upgraded it to 8GB when I made the online purchase)
WIN 7 Professional

It's held up really well for about 2 years now. Only complaint is a "stuck" pixel that was there from factory and sometimes audio glitches while playing music and the comp is doing an update or something.

If you are runing the 32bits version of windows you only can have 4gb. Make sure that you have the 64bits.

No option for people who own both on the poll. I would have ticked that.
and those who do hacintoshing.There should be quite a few of us in here.
by the way,does anyone use hackintosh laptops for location recording and such,what was your client's reaction?
I have yet to try it.

I'm using a late-2007 Macbook Pro 2.4GHz with 4GB RAM right now and it can handle anything I can throw at it and more. As much as I'd like one of the new i7 pros I just don't need it right now.

^^ That reminds me, my actual recording laptop is an older version of my new Satellite. Bought it for $150 off a friend because it has firewire and my new one doesnt. (Yeah, my stupid ass didn't think to check that before I confirmed purchase *grumble*).......But it's slow as all hell when clicking through menus and such. It handles recording 8 tracks of drums just fine, but it only has 1GB of RAM in it and I think it can only handle 2GB max. I need to wipe that thing clean again and upgrade RAM.

Just for info (dunno if people know it) hackintosh is technically illegal because legally we don't "own" the macosx license, and it's also written black on white in the mac osx rules IIRC. There is no circumstance where you can use OsX on a non-apple hardware

Just for info (dunno if people know it) hackintosh is technically illegal because legally we don't "own" the macosx license, and it's also written black on white in the mac osx rules IIRC. There is no circumstance where you can use OsX on a non-apple hardware

No, it's not technically illegal; it voids the ToS but that is a civil matter - not necessarily breaking any countries laws (you can write anything in a ToS); so Apple would have to prosecute effectively against Hackintosh users in the use of its software for anything to actually stick and you could never get a criminal record for it, just fined - which they will never do because its too expensive/in bad taste to go after a small community who still purchase and use your software if not your hardware.