What made you happy today?

Didn't they tour Canada at some point, made a live CD from it? So random!

They did, and a DVD was released in 2007 with footage from that show :lol: Why they didn't choose a massive place in Europe is beyond me but I'm still stunned there were that many Rhapsody fans in one Canadian area!

Volbeat have announced a show at Corporation in Sheffield in October! I particularly think this is cool because they were gonna play there last year but unfortunately it's one of a few shows they had to cancel due to an injury to one of the band members.

The only time I've seen Volbeat live is when they opened for Nightwish back in '09, but they put on a killer show, and they're a good band too! One of the few opening acts I've seen that genuinely impressed me.

Also, WMMH: new Dream Theater song, 'On The Backs of Angels' released today, and it's pretty solid!

Aye they have a reputation for being a particularly good live band.

Just out of curiosity, what are peoples' thoughts on they way they have "rescheduled" the show? As in they have arranged another show but just as part of the next tour, so not a proper "reschedule" per se?

The reason I ask is that someone who is a fan who have just been talking to about had this to say:

"...a tour within 6 months would have been re-arranging it. This is quite simply a part of the second tour off this album. Not impressed at all and don't know if I'll be going after the way they've disregarded us for so long..."

Anybody else agree with that viewpoint? I think it's a bit harsh to be honest, although it does help that Volbeat, as much as it'll be great to see them, are not a band I like so much that I'm "desperate" to see them.

As a kind of personal aside, I find it amazing that the person in question has taken this viewpoint, because I'm pretty sure said person went to see them on most, if not all of their last set of UK dates, so it's not as if she's missing out much!

That does sound like a bit of a ripoff for the fans, but maybe they couldn't reschedule a date that would work well and just had to put it off?

WMMH: Seeing Motley Crue tonight for the first time! They may not be in their glorious 80s prime anymore but it'll be a great show surely!

The metal CD selection in a local electronics shop today made me very happy. They had everything from Gamma Ray to Tyr and Rhapsody to Powerwolf. Would never get anything like that back home in UK! Walked out happily with Blind Guardian At the Edge of Time bonus digipack and Rhapsody The Frozen Tears of Angels digipack bonus. And the even had a Power Quest section looking happily on the way to selling out!

Vrwu6l.jpg

Motley Crue was insane! Holy crap, what a gig!

I don't normally get to go to 'big' shows like this, with thousands of people and gigantic stage performances - most bands I see play small clubs and all that - so this was an extra special concert for me! The lighting and pyrotechnics were out of this world, Vince Neil actually impressed me with his singing (not nearly as bad as I had expected and he actually hit some pretty impressive high notes, and held them well!), and Tommy Lee's upside down drumming... out of this world!

Absolutely slain by the show, gonna go sleep it off now!

Good to hear you had a great time 1928! When done well nothing beats a big show like that!

WMMH: Well, this makes me happy and nervous, but it's my Brother's Wedding tomorrow and I'm the Best Man! Think I'm just about ready!

Had a great day in Cambridge yesterday celebrating my girlfriend's sister's birthday. Off to Camden today to meet with a Norwegian friend who I've spoken to for years but never met!

Finding out that Freedom Call are playing Nottingham in November!! Just seven days before I see Power Quest in Wakefield!
November is shaping up to be a great month!

I finally graduated Culinary School last July 2 : had lots of booze in the graduation party, tons of great food, music and friends..

Yesterday. Couldn't ask for the Wedding, the Reception, the Weather and the day in general to be more perfect. The speeches were amazing and I was told by many people, some of which I had never even met before yesterday, that my speech was brilliant, which was an amazing feeling for so many reasons, not just the fact that it was the first time I've spoken into a Microphone in front of so many people. So happy for my Brother Kevin and his now Wife too. A perfect couple.

Unfortunately I'm typing this during the bad part, the morning after! Only had 5-6 hours sleep, been unable to get more and a massive hangover!