What made you happy today?

I'm happy for Týr's success in the US:

Napalm Records wrote:

"For the first time in their illustrious, still-rising career, the Faroese pagan metal mongers TÝR have topped the CMJ Loud Rock radio charts with their brand-new album, "The Lay of Thrym". The album had charted at #31 last week, and now, on the week of its US release, shoots all the way up to #1. Frontman Heri Joensen had this to say: "I almost fell off my cozy couch this morning, when I got the message that our album was #1 on the CMJ Loud Rock radio charts. We had not even hoped for anything like this. We're thrilled to have been received this well by the radio stations across the US, and we're fascinated so many people want to hear our songs. However, with this album, we deliberately tried to hit a broader audience, outside the Folk/Pagan/Viking scene, and it looks like it has paid off. So even though we're surprised, it was sort of what we were aiming for. It just appears to have worked better than we anticipated. I'm almost tempted to say, 'Look, mom - I'm on top of the world!'"

Source: http://www.napalmrecords.com/hp_news.php?news_id=&osCsid=ee9c8d061ac5257a7688b82957cea448&hp=news

I woke up single and at the same time happy. What made me happy today is that I finally have high speed internet. Also, I'm really happy overall today because I'm finally alone and without issues. I had issues these past days, but today WILL be a good day! :) :)

Great to hear you're doing well, Astrolis! Hope today is indeed a good day for you.

This made me happy today. Though of course I feel bad for Steve and any who've had to put up with that sort of shite. Awesome job Mr Williams, humble thanks. Banhammer 1 - Troll 0

This.

And also, had a busy and mostly enjoyable day yesterday. Had an early morning job interview which I think went well (should hopefully find out today if I've got the job or not) and went to a friend's wedding in the afternoon/night. Was a great occasion. From my point of view it was particularly great to catch up with some friends I've not seen in quite a while.

Had a bit of a rough Saturday but I'm back to normal now. Also, playing Dragon Age Origins makes me realize once again just how fun it would be to play an RPG video game based on Rhapsody's music! Had that idea for years now, but man, I can't get over how fun it would be. Luca and Alex could write orchestral arrangements of their music for the game :lol:

Next week promises to be a good 'un. I finally get my RX-8 back with its rebuilt engine and I'm also going to see Dream Theater on Friday night!!! :kickass:

Yay for DA. Still making my way through that game I'm being held up by a particularly brutal boss fight. There was supposed to be a Sonata game based on Winterheart's Guild, I wish I could have played that.

Judas Priest's performance in Doncaster last night was the best I've seen by any band so far. Everything was perfect, Sound, Lighting, Setlist, Effects, the fact that they played for 2 and a quarter hours etc.

Got meself one of Scott Travis' Drumsticks too!

Also saw and spoke to briefly a guy called Baz who does work for http://www.metalstorm.net which I regularly go on and have seen him at several gigs in the past and also another guy who does work for http://www.friday13thmetal.co.uk who I've also seen at a few gigs.

@thematt, You'll have to let us know how the DT gig goes!

Edit: I should also give a mention to Queensryche, who were also very good!