What made you happy today?

Woo! Congrats, Dom!

WMMH: Hopefully getting a loan to cover my last student expenses for this upcoming semester... renting a cheap apartment off campus, canceling my housing/meal plans which will save me thousands (and therefore make the loan much more bearable), and applying for a job in the new city I'll be living in. So much to do, so little time... Can't wait!

Thanks dude, I'm nervous about getting so many big things like this sorted out but I hope it all goes according to plan :D

Yeah.. going to look at the apartment today. Even if I live a meager life barely making rent with a part-time job... it'll be worth it :lol:

Just got back from the first day. I saw some seriously good bands. Michael Monroe put on an excellent advert for wireless microphones. Skin, Primitai, Queensryche, Thin Lizzy and Grand Magus were also very good. But Judas Priest? Sweet f**king jesus that was a heavy metal experience and a half. The sound was perfect, the pyrotechnics, lightshow and lasers looked awesome, and they even played the f**king Sentinel! The bit where Rob made the crowd sing Breaking the Law was also fun. I can't believe I actually remember most of the words (I just stumbled on the 2nd line, "Something something so frustrating as I drift from town to town"). Ending the set with You've Got Another Thing Coming" and "Living After Midnight" also gave me an excuse to sneak out early and beat the mad rush for Mile End tube station (a heavy metal sin, I know).

Can't wait for tomorrow. Jethro Tull and Dream Theatre! :)

Just got back from the first day. I saw some seriously good bands. Michael Monroe put on an excellent advert for wireless microphones. Skin, Primitai, Queensryche, Thin Lizzy and Grand Magus were also very good. But Judas Priest? Sweet f**king jesus that was a heavy metal experience and a half. The sound was perfect, the pyrotechnics, lightshow and lasers looked awesome, and they even played the f**king Sentinel! The bit where Rob made the crowd sing Breaking the Law was also fun. I can't believe I actually remember most of the words (I just stumbled on the 2nd line, "Something something so frustrating as I drift from town to town"). Ending the set with You've Got Another Thing Coming" and "Living After Midnight" also gave me an excuse to sneak out early and beat the mad rush for Mile End tube station (a heavy metal sin, I know).

Can't wait for tomorrow. Jethro Tull and Dream Theatre! :)

Sounds immense! And it sounds like Judas Priest were every bit as good as they were when I saw them a week ago today, of which I would expect no less! If they don't end up doing any more touring of any form after this for whatever reason, they are sure as hell going out in the perfect manner!

WMMH: Off to see Iron Maiden in Sheffield later! Hopefully see Nikki and others I know there too!

JP are a quintessential heavy metal experience. All should see them at some point. Leaving early for mere transport? Pah! Catch the whole show, miss the train, sleep on a bed of blissful metal glory! :headbang:

Taken by total surprise, I found out that Dragonforce's first live show with Marc Hudson is tonight. Very interested to hear a review of the show, how Marc pulls off the old material, what the setlist looks like, and of course seeing some footage on YouTube hopefully!