What made you laugh at Bloodstock?

Black Lagoon

Apr 24, 2001
Cornwall, England
Visit site
Four things for me come to mind.

The first was going into the main hall when Dragonforce were playing and seeing a huge amount of swords and Axes being waved in the air. Quality, made me laugh loads. :lol:

The second was a overweight bloke in corpse paint who looked like his mum put it on for him before he left. ooooooOOOOOoooo scarey :lol:

The third was a bloke with the ultimate mullet. His hair was as big as Roland Grapow's but the sides were so short it looked awesome! Mulletastic! :lol:

And last but not least was hearing Martin Waylkier belowing in a Sylvester stylee, "DJ Martin Waylkier in the housththth, make some noisth", to a muted response. :lol:

Feel free to laugh at my expense as well.

Black Lagoon said:
The second was a overweight bloke in corpse paint who looked like his mum put it on for him before he left. ooooooOOOOOoooo scarey :lol:
yeh, i saw him too, quite amusing, with the upside down cross on his head and all,

i found the plastic weapons prety funny :)
and power quest, they were amazing and i take my hat off to them, i just found them humourus..

Black Lagoon said:
The third was a bloke with the ultimate mullet. His hair was as big as Roland Grapow's but the sides were so short it looked awesome! Mulletastic! :lol:

I think I too saw the very same chap and it certainly made the my top 3 mullets of all time. I've only seen better at Wacken. I actually wanted my photo taken with him but DM said I was taking the piss and refused. However later on when I took a photo of DM & LL outside the signing room I accidentally got his mullet in the background :lol:

haha, that mullet did indeed rule... i personally have never seen a finer example, also the fat corpse paint guy made me laugh... so out of place and so badly done...

Eagle said:
I think I too saw the very same chap and it certainly made the my top 3 mullets of all time. I've only seen better at Wacken. I actually wanted my photo taken with him but DM said I was taking the piss and refused. However later on when I took a photo of DM & LL outside the signing room I accidentally got his mullet in the background :lol:

You were taking the piss...and I'm sure you engineered that photo of me and Lydian Lady on purpose just to photograph the mullet!! It was splendid example of a mullet I have to say!! :D

The plastic swords and axes also made me laugh!

Oh and I remember Martin Walkier playing some strange tune about 'pussy' in between Masterplan & Edguy! I seem to recall LL and I had a laugh at that!

For me it'd have to be the guy shouting "get yer tits out!" while Nightwish were on. :tickled:

Or when Tobias tore his trousers, maybe. :)

Oh yeah, and that nutjob in the long dark red 19th century coat with the big frills. Was he meant to look like a vampire or something?

I was convinced that the big bloke in corpsepaint wanted to kill me at Bloodstock '02 (he was there as well, wearing exactly the same things with the same makeup design), and when I saw him again at '03, it scared the hell out of me.

Kind of like that bit in Terminator 2 when Sarah Connor is in the asylum, and Arnie walks round the corner....

PopcornDave said:
For me it'd have to be the guy shouting "get yer tits out!" while Nightwish were on. :tickled:

Or when Tobias tore his trousers, maybe. :)

Oh yeah, and that nutjob in the long dark red 19th century coat with the big frills. Was he meant to look like a vampire or something?
I have to say I thought the guy in tjhe long red coat looked excellent, he sooo suited that look, and his girlfriend looked great too.
I dare nt say otherwise he might out a curse on me or something!!!

"The first was going into the main hall when Dragonforce were playing and seeing a huge amount of swords and Axes being waved in the air." <<< THAT WAS VERY FUNNY!!!

"Oh yeah, and that nutjob in the long dark red 19th century coat with the big frills. Was he meant to look like a vampire or something?" <<<<< WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT GUY SNORTING???? I COULDN'T HELP BUT LAUGH AND HOPE HE'D SEE ME LAUGHING!! AND WHAT WAS THAT HAND THING HE WAS DOING DURING NIGHTWISH??? WAS THERE A WASP AROUND HIM??? HAHAHA

i didn't see the huge mullet guy or at least i cant remember him!

hail to all the guys who wore manowar t shirts!!! METAL MAKES US STRONG!!! << battle hymms t shirt with helmet

PopcornDave said:

hahahahaha!!! yeah he made us laugh a lot!....hmmm what shall I wear for a power metal festival? I know I'll go as Dracula! Genius!

yeah that guy in the corpsepaint was amusing, I saw one quite fat one with plaits and an inverted cross on his head - evil!!!

other than that the singer in Invey's comments abour her bra top falling down, Tobias saying "we wanna tour England again so can you each buy 25 copies of our album", some of Nick Holmes comeback to the crowd were funny aswell - I doubt he made any friends though!!...plus the drunken antics of my friends, but we won't go into them

one small highlight was watching lagoon himself gettting dropped on his head when crowd surfing during Saxon - the view from the balcony was great! ;)