What made you sad today?

Hey are you guys frightened that such earthquakes may happen around the place you live at?

I'm frightened.

Oh god, I've been keeping an eye on that nuclear power plant... that has potential for sheer disaster :(

Hey guys are you scared? I'm scared....I'm scared that an earthquake would occur around my place.....man, I would die.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a fault line that runs through Israel, is there not?

I'm more scared about the nuclear situation than anything - I live in the middle of the United States, so tsunamis don't bother me. I've never experienced an earthquake either. There was apparently a very slight tremor sometime last year, but it was so light that I didn't even experience it.

The only thing we really worry about over here in terms of natural disasters is tornadoes, but we haven't had one as long as I've been alive. *knock on wood*

Sad that misinformation and ignorance about nuclear power is making some people rail against it. This pretty much captures my sentiment right now.

Don't even get me started on any who are even mentioning Pearl Harbour at a time like this.

Yeah, I saw a compilation picture of facebook statusses where people were saying the earthquake was payback for Pearl Harbor, karma's a bitch, japan had it coming, etc. It actually saddens me that there are a LOT of people thinking that way....

+1 on the nuclear power thing, Dom. It's especially damaging for the nuclear power discussion in germany, isn't it?

Yes mate, ignorance is a bitch.

Had the misfortune to get caught up in a protest in Frankfurt with a hundred or so people bleating on about Japan, dressed in fallout suits banging a yellow barrel. Perhaps worse of all was that heroic workers in Japan are risking their lives to prevent a catastrophe while this gaggle of knee-jerk alarmists were trying to flog anti-atomkraft t-shirts and hats :yell:

The Pearl Harbor Facebook thing is deplorable. Some people are just disgusting.

On a related note, however... how the hell is it payback when they ended up losing the war in the first place?!

Hey is anybody here other than 1928 is scared? Come on just say it, I won't laugh.....unless you are also scared to share it, which is possible.....hahaha.

Bad choice of words on my part - I'm not that *scared*, per se, just a little concerned!

Those of us on the forum that live in the UK realise how lucky we are at times like this. It is so scary hearing about all the troubles in Japan, and not just there, but everywhere that has been having the severe weather and natural disasters recently. It does make you question just what we are doing to our world.