What made you happy today?

Not today exactly but I had my parents visiting down for the weekend from Aberystwyth.......had a cracking few days with the highlight being a day at the cricket to celebrate Fathers Day, with Sunday lunch in one of the hospitality suites at the Ageas Bowl here in Southampton. You may have seen the photo of my Dad and myself on Facebook......he had an awesome day :)

Wonderful times all-round! Pleased for everyone!

Also excited for E3 announcements, Batman out today, some exciting releases in music and announcements of new albums :)

Also happy to have had a gorgeous week of relaxation and adventure in Portugal with the gf :D

That's very touching, Steve :)

WMMH: *flails arms obnoxiously towards the artwork and tracklist for the new Stratovarius album*

Wonderful times all-round! Pleased for everyone!

Also excited for E3 announcements, Batman out today, some exciting releases in music and announcements of new albums :)

Also happy to have had a gorgeous week of relaxation and adventure in Portugal with the gf :D

Sounds like a great week in Portugal dude......need to get me one of them there things one of these years :)

Definitely. Dad's give so much, can't get stuck in the habit of not giving back. For my Dad next month I'm taking him on a boat trip.

Portugal was mega fun cheers mate. Went parasailing, no less!

Get yourself a holiday...you'll have more money! ;)

Drunk jam session with the lads, then a trip to London's guitar mecca to try all the axes out, ended up buying Jeff Loomis's guitar!!! :D :D :D :D :D

OQ12723.jpg

To top the weekend off, celebrated my Dad's 60th with a boozy boat trip up the Thames and a few world class meals. Amazing weekend. Very happy Dom here right now :D

Man that is one sick axe. Very envious of ya Dom!!

WMMH: spent my week vacation off work doing a whole lot of reading, guitar playing and World of Warcraft. Got a lot better at guitar just by learning how to mute unplayed strings. Learned the riff to Maiden's Rime of the Ancient Mariner last night! Time to create some string backing tracks on the synth and work my hardest to play faster and cleaner. Rock the metal! :kickass::kickass:

Cheers man! Nothing better to hear than reading, shredding and video games! Good stuff!

WMMH: Had an inspiring city break in Belgium and Luxembourg to celebrate gf's birthday, had a colourful Hawaiian cocktail party just cos and an enchanting sunny Sunday adventuring up some London landmarks :D

Just got back from seeing Grave Digger and Blind Guardian. Was right up front, dead center, could not have had a better seat if I was sitting on the monitors. I was waiting for that show for literally years and it was worth it. What an EPIC night. Ecstatic!!

Thanks guys, it was truly a magical night! Kind of wishing I had bought the autographed Grave Digger CDs, but alas, funds... :)

Glad to hear you keep in contact with the guys, Steve. Sure looks like Andy's having the time of his life as of late, as well. Can't wait for the next I Am I release - updates make it sound like Rich is having a blast!

WMMH: Found out the Luca Turilli show will have VIP. I have conflicting views on paying to meet musicians, but... how often will I get the chance to meet Luca f'ing Turilli?!

I'm heading out to Italy this weekend for a gathering with Steve, Alessio, Andrea and Francesco. It's almost 8 years to the day when we were all last together in Italy for the MOI recording sessions. Although I've seen each of the lads a number of times over the years, it'll be the first time we've all been able to be in the same place at the same time since 2007