What made you happy today?

Grats on the Oculus Rift Dom. How do you like it? What games are there, exactly? I know nothing about it being commercially available.

I recently started a new job fixing and building computers. Could not be happier. Exactly the change I needed to make me a little more content with my life.

I'm also keen to hear more about teh Rift!

WMMH: After yet another too long an absence from attending gigs, I've been to two in as many weeks.

Saw Danny Vaughn & Dan Reed do an acoustic set a week ago in Sheffield, first acoustic gig I've been to and it was a cracker. Great songs performed brilliantly, some interesting stories and some laughs had. I got Danny Vaughn's signature too, third time lucky with that one!

And saw U.D.O, also in Sheffield this Thursday night just gone. Incredible performance. Played for 2 hours so we were treated to a massive set and I've never seen band members look so happy and enthusiastic to be playing on stage! Managed to get the drumstick of Sven Dirkschneider, who is the son of Udo for anyone who didn't know.

Ah, it's good to be attending gigs again!

That's funny, I just got back from seeing U.D.O. at the Islington Academy. Absolutely fantastic. The sound was perfect, and Udo sounded great (though he didn't move much). And with increasing numbers of bands playing 75 minute sets, it was amazing to see a band play 2 whole hours! Though he did miss an obvious trick by not playing London Leatherboys. But overall it's been a good evening.

Great sounding gigs. UDO is a legend. Saw Majesty supported by Evil Invaders and BloodBound last week. Exceptionally metal evening \m/

The Oculus rift is phenomenal and it's still only in early beta. The finished product is going to be an enormous game-changer IMO. Everyone who's spent time with mine is SO IMMERSED in the virtual worlds I love watching them freak out and react.

There are drawbacks and imperfections but what's telling for me are the little things...watching my SO grip her seat because she really thinks she's up high...watching my dad try to reach out and touch something he's sure was there...seeing people flinch back from something coming up close or trying to duck under something...it's such a big leap forward in the immersion video gaming has always strove for.

Saw FM, Romeo's Daughter and No Hot Ashes last night in Nottingham. Fantastic night.

I was also one of what seemed like 30 odd people who had been selected for a Meet & Greet after the show but it got to a time where I had to set off to catch the last train home and the band still hadn't come out yet so off I went. To be honest when I applied for the Meet & Greet I had it in my head that it would be before the show, not after.

Still I saw the actual show and that's the most important thing. Plus I got the setlist.

E3 (Video Game stuff for those who don't know) has resulted in some awesome and interesting announcements and reveals.

But none more important to me than Shenmue 3. I and many other fans have been waiting for nearly 20 years for it, feeling ups and downs in terms of the likelihood of it happening and now it's finally gonna happen. I almost still can't believe it!

WMMH: new Iron Maiden album! And it's coming out a week before Stratovarius's!