What metal album have you listened to the most?

Megadeth-Rust In Peace
In Flames-Jester Race
Between the Buried and Me-Colors
Dream Theater-Images and Words

The Amenta - Occasus

With 657 listens - but I believe that's the amount of songs I've listened to from the album, ie. 657 listens of a 10 track album = a bit over 65 full listens. This is based on my Last.fm stats from the past 5 and a half years, so it's pretty accurate :) The top album is Karl Sanders' Saurian Meditation, with 754 listens. Here's the full list:

http://www.last.fm/user/Torniojaws/charts?subtype=albums

Top 5 overall:

1. Karl Sanders – Saurian Meditation (754)
2. The Amenta – Occasus (657)
(3.) Edge of Sanity – Crimson II (635) - Though I wouldn't count this, because I have the version with a gazillion 1 minute tracks instead of just 9 tracks, so it ranks much higher than normal albums
3. Arcturus – Sideshow Symphonies (599)
4. Sephiroth – Draconian Poetry (568)
5. Scar Symmetry - Symmetric In Design (533)

Top 5 metal:

1. The Amenta – Occasus (657)
2. Arcturus – Sideshow Symphonies (599)
3. Scar Symmetry - Symmetric In Design (533)
4. Katatonia – Last Fair Deal Gone Down (509)
5. Nile – In Their Darkened Shrines (423)

1. Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
2. Dokken - Back For The Attack
3. Racer X - Second Heat
4. Ozzy Osbourne - Ozzmosis
5. SLIPKNOT - SLIPKNOT

Seriously, damn how my taste of music has evolved.. im pretty ashamed for #5, but its true. :erk:

Megadeth-Rust In Peace
In Flames-Jester Race
Between the Buried and Me-Colors
Dream Theater-Images and Words

1, 2, and 4 get a big +1 from me, but I honestly really cannot get into "Colors" - between the incredibly spastic song "structures" (if you can call them that) and the breakdowns where "BREE" vocals would not be out of place, it just doesn't do it for me ¯\(°_o)/¯

Metallica - Ride The Lightning

it's been around a while so i've listened to it quite a lot! songs all kick ass, every f'n one of them.

Metallica - Metallica
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Iron Maiden -Fear of the Dark
AC / DC - Razor´s Edge
Sepultura - Arise
Slayer -Seasons in the Abbyss

Death - The sound of perseverance

All records I mentioned (except the Death tune) I heared, as I fell in love with METAL. The first Metal song I ever heared was "the unforgiven"..probably 1991/1992. "The sound of perseverance" came later and it also changed my life. It took me in the right direction. Some things would be different today, if I never listened to it.

1, 2, and 4 get a big +1 from me, but I honestly really cannot get into "Colors" - between the incredibly spastic song "structures" (if you can call them that) and the breakdowns where "BREE" vocals would not be out of place, it just doesn't do it for me ¯(°_o)/¯

I seem to be one of the few btbam fans that really doesnt dig colors that much
feels like they felt the need to all of a sudden tell the world that they were amazing musicians, even though we all knew that already
so they threw in ho-down breaks and polka sectioons and endless twiddly lead lines
none of the raw, savage emotion from alaska. D:
dunno if you've heard alaska marcus but you should check it out if you havent
there are breakdowns, but i dunno, theyre not that conventional. they're more riff based breakdowns than chugga chug ones.
there is some brees on the album though, but its a short track and very tongue in cheek haha.
czech it

I seem to be one of the few btbam fans that really doesnt dig colors that much
feels like they felt the need to all of a sudden tell the world that they were amazing musicians, even though we all knew that already
so they threw in ho-down breaks and polka sectioons and endless twiddly lead lines
none of the raw, savage emotion from alaska. D:
dunno if you've heard alaska marcus but you should check it out if you havent
there are breakdowns, but i dunno, theyre not that conventional. they're more riff based breakdowns than chugga chug ones.
there is some brees on the album though, but its a short track and very tongue in cheek haha.
czech it

Hmm, yeah, I'll investigate Alaska, though my understanding is their hardcore influences were even greater back in those days, so tbh I'm not too sure it'll be my bag - still, I totally agree about all the random goofy gimmicky shit they threw in on Colors, definitely big influence from (new) Dream Theater! (and Jordan Rudess, that nerd :rolleyes: )

Hmm, yeah, I'll investigate Alaska, though my understanding is their hardcore influences were even greater back in those days, so tbh I'm not too sure it'll be my bag - still, I totally agree about all the random goofy gimmicky shit they threw in on Colors, definitely big influence from (new) Dream Theater! (and Jordan Rudess, that nerd :rolleyes: )

i suppose you could say there's hardcore influence, but i only hear that in the way that the whole thing just sounds genuine.
it's still technical as fuck, it's still progressive, filled to the brim with top notch musicianship, odd time signatures and feels, it's all there. it's very much a prog metal album, but it seems to be approached with the MENTALITY and EMOTION of a hardcore album.

just some that i quickly remebered, in no order of preference:

kreator - extreme agressions
megadeth - so far so good...so what, rust in peace
ratos de porão - brasil, ao vivo
sepultura - beneath the remais, arise
dri - violent pacification
testament - live at the fillmore

i know....pretty dated stuff:rolleyes:
but good stuff:worship:

Iron Maiden - Somewhere In time
Coroner - No More Color - Mental Vortex
Voivod - Nothingface

One of these...

Iron Maiden - Seventh, Powerslave, Somewhere, Piece, Killers, Beast...
Manowar - Kings Of Metal and Fighting The World
Gamma Ray - Heading For Tomorrow
Rage - Trapped and The Missing Link
Helloween - Walls Of Jericho
Accept - Restless and Wild
Running Wild - Deatj Or Glory and Port Royal