What Metal Bands come from your town?

well here's a list of bands from near me that i think you should check out...

Waylander
Mourning Beloveth
Cruachan
Primordial
Scald
Arcane Sun
Geasa
Condemned
Aftermath
Riff Master General
Apathy
Corrupted
Belinus
Mael Mordha
Honey For Christ
Primal Dawn...

most of their sites are listed at www.metalireland.com and most demo's can be bought from www.sentinelireland.com

also some bands have record deals so labels to check are Sentinel Records, Blackened Records, Season Of Mist, Ars Metalli and Nuclear Blast

oh and by the way I've done reviews for most of the bands above, these can be read at www.metal-observer.de ... thanks

The town I'm in these days (studying) is Sarpsborg, Norway

Ragnarok
Artch

Not sure really of any other known metal acts.. at least none I care for.

Calgary? BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA no metal here sorry... closest is a band called Sittin' Idol who aren't half bad but it's more nu metal/alt rock than anything. ANY band around here (here being east of Vancouver and west of Toronto... pretty fucking big area but still) plays country (only a few) or Alt rock and SOMETIMES on the verge of Nu Metal. That's all we got. Oh but i might say Nickelback is from Hannah, Alberta which is not far from here (not sure exactly how far)

exodus is the only good one that i can think of from around here.

I live in Casper, Wyoming. It contains 50,000 shitheads. That's right, 50,000 human beings live here that are ALL obsessed with punk. I believe there are around 30 performing, recording, serious bands in this town. Guess what? THEY'RE ALL PUNK. Every single fuckin one of them!

There's a nice little gig joint under a "country western" bar here in town, well known as the "underground". Every fuckin weekend, a few punk bands get together and throw a show at the underground (i believe the most popular band to perform there was Glassjaw).

Well, i've been working out a deal with the "manager" of the underground... if i can get together a thrash metal band within the next 9 months, and write at least 10 original songs, he will give me a summer gig there free of charge, and he'll pay to have 2 thrash bands from Denver come up and support us at the gig.

So, do you think i should introduce metal to the Casper underground?

Back on topic... I believe the band that is closest to metal in this town goes by the name of "Straight Foreward". They call themselves "dark ambient punk". I was hired as an on the spot replacement guitarist for one of their gigs (their lead guitarist was sick). It was an ok gig, the songs were pathetically simple, but they had GREAT melodies. I honestly don't care for that band one bit.

A close second would be another local band by the name of "Just E'Nough".