What Metal Bands come from your town?

and YES smitty, every town needs some form of metal, so go for it! my band is one of the very few in mine. everything else is emocore/punk shit.

Band called Floater, although I'm not really sure whether they're metal or just hard rock. I haven't heard too much from them. Also, a band called Blasphemous Abnormality. I think they're actually punk, but I have to throw them in because of their sweet-ass name.

Anal Blast http://www.violatedrot.com/analblast/
Solly's Soldiers http://www.geocities.com/sollyssoldiers

And I have to say that both of these bands blow ass, but that is just my view. Although Solly's Soldiers is quite comical and are more than metal. They are like Anal Cunt in a way, heavy and sappy acoustic crap and numerous other sounds. Just plain bizarre . Besides they have some sick fetish with the movie Gummo and the like.

There are alot of good bands but you probably don't know them, the only highlights would be...
I'm from Western Australia btw
AC/DC(C'mon everyone knows Acca Dacca!)
Allegience(Thrash metal band that toured with Judas Priest, Slayer, Testament etc)

Katatonia, Entombed, Dismember and OPETH!!! are the most well known Stockholm bands i can think of right now. But i'm probably forgetting a bunch of good ones.

(first post, hooray)

ucsbdude said:
huh....from L.A.........none (contemporary) that I can't think of. Metallica originally started in L.A. before they moved to Frisco, do they count as local??

Couldnt you list pretty much most of thrash history?

Shakahn is the only metal band I've heard from New Zealand that is worth something. They are basically melodic Maiden-guitars style metal, but with a punk vocalist. Before you go 'eww, punk vocalist', I feel that his voice fits the music perfectly. It makes it into a melodic-metal/punk hybrid that is pretty effective.

I like em. They have an EP called 'In The Zone'. Pretty awesome by NZ's standards, as 99% of our bands are useless shits.

Kushantaiidan said:
Damaged are an australian band from Ballarat. But now I think they've buggered off to the USA.
Uh, no, Damaged have never toured overseas. They're still together, with a new vocalist, they did a national tour a few months ago and are gonna record a new album in the next few months.

Bands from Melbourne:

Blood Duster
The Berzerker
Fuck... I'm Dead
Hobbs Angel Of Death
Abramelin
Destroyer 666
Dead Can Dance :D

I can't think of many others that would be known overseas... support the Australian stuff! We've got some quality here if you dig into the local scene.

Honourable mention to Psycroptic, probably Australia's finest metal band at the moment... but they're from Tasmania, hehe.

No metal bands come from my town. But im quite close to Reading and there not metal but The Cooper Temple Clause come from there and there pretty cool.

Mudvayne (bleh) and Twisted Method come from my hometown, if that tells you anything........the latter of which I went to high school with.....whose current album is called "Escape from Cape Coma"....if that tells you anything about the place we call home....