What New Song do YOU want to hear at our shows?

Vote for the Songs You Want to Hear at an Upcoming Live Maidens Show:

• Murders in the Rue Morgue

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Be Quick or Be Dead

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • The Prisoner

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Sanctuary

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Blood Brothers

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Ides of March

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Sea of Madness

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Fear of the Dark

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ok, first off... REVELATIONS is a MUST!

some other faves to consider:

invaders
wrathchild
another life
sanctuary
gangland
prodigal son
prowler
to tame a land

break those off, and you'll REALLY start getting
mad-props from the die-hards... !!

:Smokedev:

Having not seen you gals live I am not sure of what songs you do. But one song I always really liked was 'Phantom of the Opera'. Or ... does the band do 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner'?

The Jethro Tull cover would also be cool.

Don't even THINK about coming to NY if you're not gonna play Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. If ya need someone to play the part of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, lemme know, k?

And if not, Alexander The Great would be an acceptable substitute. :)

alexander the great is my favorite song of all times, but its wayy to long for a show, i would definetly take running silent running deep into consideration, its got great vocal challenges, awesome guitar solo and power to it. or FEAR OF THE DARK. And maiden is my favorite band of all time wich i beleive gives me the right to say this.. the prisoner is not that great of a song. sorry to whoever i pissed off

octavian said:
alexander the great is my favorite song of all times, but its wayy to long for a show

Yeah, Rime of the Ancient Mariner is really short... o_O

smylex said:
Yeah, Rime of the Ancient Mariner is really short... o_O

well they can play whatever they want and ide still have a blast, i guess what i was saying was,
A maiden fan will enjoy every moment of the show, despite song length and title.
A new audience might not be soo into a 13 minute epic. ands thats just my opinion. but back to the disscusion i vote , FEAR OF THE DARK.

Red Shirt said:
Pretty strong statement considering the polls show it to be the most requested.

When first remembering THE PRISONER....I think of the Chorus...probably because I'm a singer but the real grabber of that song is that Clive Burr intro drum riff that is unbelievably powerful.

Listen to that intro thru an awesome stereo.....it just grabs you!!! Whenever Linda warms up w/ that riff now while testing out the drums the crowd goes wild.

Bruce Chickinson said:
...the real grabber of that song is that Clive Burr intro drum riff that is unbelievably powerful. Listen to that intro thru an awesome stereo.....

Yep, that's it! Playing that drum intro with a killer stereo and great bass, then crank it! If you can't FEEL the bass thumping you, then turn it up! It does no justice if your not feeling the bass thumping you.

Bruce Chickinson said:
...Whenever Linda warms up w/ that riff now while testing out the drums the crowd goes wild.

I'd like to hear Linda play the prisoner :hotjump:

Do the Iron Maidens play Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Aces High?

I've always wished Iron Maiden would do a few special shows like playing Powerslave or Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in its entirety.

Maybe the Iron Maidens could do a few special shows like these? Hint, hint :)

Wraithchild said:
Do the Iron Maidens play Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Aces High?

I've always wished Iron Maiden would do a few special shows like playing Powerslave or Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in its entirety.

Maybe the Iron Maidens could do a few special shows like these? Hint, hint :)

Oooh! You are psychic! We've been throwing ideas around about this Wraithchild! :Spin: