What non-power/prog band would be ideal for PP4?

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the best metal bands in the world, and from what I hear, one of the best and most energetic live bands around.
Bodom....Bodom...Bodom!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by prog2112
FREAK KITCHEN FREAK KITCHEN FREAK KITCHEN!!!

...and maybe a band like FREAK KITCHEN!!

-Sheri :)

:headbang:
I had a feeling Sheri would chime in on this, as after having her play these guys for me on an annual basis I'd have to agree!

...Now where the hell is J-dubya to back this one up as well???
:D

How about no one since this is called ProgPower for a reason. What is the point of a post that asks what non- progpower band would be good for this festival? That's like asking what non-Death metal band would be ideal for a Death Metal Festival!!!

Originally posted by Dustin
:headbang:
I had a feeling Sheri would chime in on this, as after having her play these guys for me on an annual basis I'd have to agree!

...Now where the hell is J-dubya to back this one up as well???
:D

Hah! You callin me out Dustin? :)

Damn straight, I've said that Freak Kitchen would be a PERFECT
addition to Prog Power. Good heavy, balls to the wall music.
Not to mention a possibility of Mattias doing a guitar clinic
at one of the hotels! As for the latter post about this being "pointless".....Nah, I don't wanna start any trouble......

J-Dubya

Considering Devin played last year, the chances of SYL are pretty much slim and none, though I do know how much Glenn loves Devin.

The obvious guess is Opeth, but I'd vote for a band like Axamenta or Suidakra. Their multi-genre crossover styles would be fantastic.

Opeth = NO! because they just toured the US and it doesn't make sense

Children of Bodom = YES! they've only been here once and it was in Milwaukee and oMG! thee would brin so much energy to Progpower

Children of Bodom = YES! they've only been here once and it was in Milwaukee and oMG! thee would brin so much energy to Progpower

Wings of a dream: you rule! Children of Bodom would totally kick ass at ProgPower. They are one of the greatest metal bands alive!!!!!!!:headbang: :devil: :Shedevil:

Originally posted by nightwish58
How about no one since this is called ProgPower for a reason. What is the point of a post that asks what non- progpower band would be good for this festival? That's like asking what non-Death metal band would be ideal for a Death Metal Festival!!!

Well there it is... nothing more needs to be said really. This is the Prog/Power Festival. It's a good thing going...and getting stronger. Let's not contaminate it with bands like Opeth, Soilwork etc.

...they would ruin the vibe.