What non-power/prog band would be ideal for PP4?

Originally posted by alexofbodom
Wings of a dream: you rule! Children of Bodom would totally kick ass at ProgPower. They are one of the greatest metal bands alive!!!!!!!:headbang: :devil: :Shedevil:

Thanks and hey I've got a full COB concert live in Seoul, which I just downloaded from the Internet (about 600mb hehe) and trust me it is awesooooooome

Nightwish: haha!

When people ask why I like this festival more than milwaukee/new jersey/cleveland (even though it hasn't happened yet) I tell them it's the ABSENCE of death/black metal bands. Let us keep it that way! Power Metal Rules!

Exactly Heavenly Call, go the New Jersey Shitfest if you want that garbage. Glenn has created a festival that is right up my alley: Power and Progressive Metal!!! It doesn't get any better than that. I wish people would stop trying to corrupt it with all of these other styles of music. Death/Gothic/Thrash/fill in the balnk, is not what this festival is about. If that's what you want, go to Jack Koshik's ShitFest in New Jersey!

Originally posted by davo
Well there it is... nothing more needs to be said really. This is the Prog/Power Festival. It's a good thing going...and getting stronger. Let's not contaminate it with bands like Opeth, Soilwork etc. ...they would ruin the vibe.

Just wondering... are you saying that Opeth is not progressive metal?

... and bands like Freedom Call have experimented with death vocals, so where do you draw the line with that, and bands like Soilwork who have melodic choruses?

Originally posted by markgugs
The obvious guess is Opeth, but I'd vote for a band like Axamenta or Suidakra. Their multi-genre crossover styles would be fantastic.

Although I love Suidakra, I have to admit that Axamenta would be awesome to see live!

How about Elvenking? They would fit perfectly into a PP lineup.

Opeth need to headline, and I would be more than happy for the "Reading Zeros" and "Zero Hours" of the world to be sacrificed like goats for Odin if it meant Opeth get to play three more songs on their setlist.

Nothing against any of the bands mentioned, above but I DON'T want to see any of them at PP. I agree with the others about keeping this strictly to PP bands, and keeping the death metal, black metal, gothic metal, cookie monster vocal metal to events like Milwaukee Metalfest, etc.,

Originally posted by The Fiddler
Nothing against any of the bands mentioned, above but I DON'T want to see any of them at PP. I agree with the others about keeping this strictly to PP bands, and keeping the death metal, black metal, gothic metal, cookie monster vocal metal to events like Milwaukee Metalfest, etc.,

Well....Elvenking are pure Power Metal.

And you can't get more progressive than Opeth. By the way, Akerfeld probably has the most beautiful clean vocals out there....

What about Children of Bodom? They have 'unclean' vocals but they're definitely a power metal band. I guess the mix of ingredients makes them progressive too, so they fill both criteria for PP?

Originally posted by nightwish58
Exactly Heavenly Call, go the New Jersey Shitfest if you want that garbage. Glenn has created a festival that is right up my alley: Power and Progressive Metal!!! It doesn't get any better than that. I wish people would stop trying to corrupt it with all of these other styles of music. Death/Gothic/Thrash/fill in the balnk, is not what this festival is about. If that's what you want, go to Jack Koshik's ShitFest in New Jersey!

So...you're saying:

Amon Amarth
Behemoth
Overkill
Nile
Zandelle
Seven Witches
Deicide
Vehemence
Symphony X
Budgie
All That Remains
Beyond The Embrace
Rotting Christ
Grave
Impaler
Carnal Forge
Darkane
God Dethroned

...are all "shit" bands worthy of only playing a "shitfest"?

Way to be open-minded.

With the exception of Symphony X, Zandelle, and Seven Witches..yeah..that's what he's saying. And considering Symphony X (3x) and Seven witches are playing in NY next month and Zandelle plays here ALL THE TIME.....There's really no reason to go down to this festival (a festival that is not well run at all)..

Originally posted by alexofbodom
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the best metal bands in the world, and from what I hear, one of the best and most energetic live bands around.
Bodom....Bodom...Bodom!!!!!!!!!

Really... Children of Bodom are a powermetal band. They just use harsh vocals. The music is pure power metal.

So...you're saying:

Amon Amarth
Behemoth
Overkill
Nile
Zandelle
Seven Witches
Deicide
Vehemence
Symphony X
Budgie
All That Remains
Beyond The Embrace
Rotting Christ
Grave
Impaler
Carnal Forge
Darkane
God Dethroned

Way to be open-minded.

Most of them are.

I too would like to see ProgPower remain a festival for Prog and Power bands. There are enough "cookie monster" festivals out there for bands of that genre to ply their trade.

The obvious guess is Opeth, but I'd vote for a band like Axamenta or Suidakra. Their multi-genre crossover styles would be fantastic.

Although I am a fan of Opeth, and they certainly are Progressive Metal... I would rather not see them at ProgPower. Opeth are fine without ProgPower... they just headlined a wildly successful North American tour... and have future North American headlining tours in the mix.

So...you're saying:

Amon Amarth
Behemoth
Overkill
Nile
Zandelle
Seven Witches
Deicide
Vehemence
Symphony X
Budgie
All That Remains
Beyond The Embrace
Rotting Christ
Grave
Impaler
Carnal Forge
Darkane
God Dethroned

Way to be open-minded.

Absolutely; they are all shit bands with the exception of Symphony X. This festival sucks in plain english.