What Opeth song gives you chills?

metal_wrath said:
Proluge is too brief to give me chills, but Epilogue is the best.instrumental.ever.

Btw welcome to the forum!

this is the good thing of that song!you don't have the time to think and you just listen to the melody that you don't even expect to listen!!

nice to be with you:)

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
-Blackwater Park, closing few minutes are so awesome they give me the chills - sheer majesty
So true!

~random~ said:
The Drapery Falls: "Spiralling to the ground below
Like Autumn leaves left in the wake to fade

Waking up to your sound again
And lapse into the ways of misery"
So true too!

And she spoke
Once and forever
I am so cold
In mist enrobed the twilight
She was standing...

That intense part, especially when it ends with the whispered 'she was standing' often gives me chills.

Well... I recently bought My Arms, Your Hearse. It's my first Opeth album, and I wanted to be able to listen to it without any distractions, so I a few days ago I took a walk with my CD player. The transition to the accoustic part on April Ethereal gave me chills - and under the hot sun, that's saying something!
-Travis

Yarr, the begining of Apostle is cool, but i prefer requiem.
As for a scary song i only have 2 opeth albums,(orchid,ghost reveries).
But i'd say forest of october

metal_wrath said:
When I first heard Orchid I fell asleep and I woke up at the part in Apostle in Triumph when he goes "I engulf the skies, the Apostle in Triuuuuuumph!!!!!!!!!!!". Gave me the "chills". That is my best memory of listening to Opeth. cheers
+1

That is THE Opeth moment for me when Mikael screams that part. Never fails to give me the chills. Especially the breakdown leading into it.

daz436 said:
TAKE ME AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

:loco: yes indeedy

Demon of the Fall 'you know it's me.........

Deliverance ... that single song produces so much imagery it's outlandish and quite scary sometimes.:headbang: