What pisses me off

i have like 10 different places to be next friday nite, but i can only be in one.
now if there was only some way i could clone myself...

thats something i need to look at getting upto speed on soon. Work is putting in a new system and even though i'm just the pricing gimp apparently im going to need to get upto speed on writing SQL extractions to pull all sorts of boring stats :puke:

If I do the join that way I'll then have to run two separate queries to get their total purchases and their eligible (ie- within one month) purchases. The idea is to consolidate the two queries into one. At the moment the catch I'm struggling with is trying to get the m.memberid from the main query's current interation into the subquery so I can use it to filter results there.

No worries buddy, I've sorted it out now anyway. I must've been missing something simple last time because now it's working just by referencing m.memberid without having to specifically incorporate that table in the subquery.

Since you mention it though... I might have to pick your brain later about stored procedures :lol: Is that the same thing as 'views' or something else?

No worries buddy, I've sorted it out now anyway. I must've been missing something simple last time because now it's working just by referencing m.memberid without having to specifically incorporate that table in the subquery.

Since you mention it though... I might have to pick your brain later about stored procedures :lol: Is that the same thing as 'views' or something else?

Kinda yeah, Stored procedure is just the query etc is all stored on the server and you execute it.

Think of it as a function thats stored on the server, so you can have input variables etc and assign them. Then use them in the query or a number of queries and return the results.

They are very handy as they are seperate from the code itself, so you can edit them without editing the code :)

You'll probably win too. I make no claims to greatness. I don't even like the fucking game. I just saw Hangar 18 and YYZ and couldn't resist giving it a shot. That said... I'll still take you up on the challenge anyway :p

Emmz- it has a lot more to do with playing a lot of Dance Dance Revolution and Drummania than anything :p That thing was nothing like playing an actual guitar. It's more a test of hand-eye co-ordination than anything else.