Supergrass - In It for the Money
T2 - It'll All Work Out In Boomland
Tiles - s/t

Makajodama - s/t
Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light I
King Crimson - Lizard
Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events
Voivod - Warriors of Ice

Opeth.........Damnation or Delieverence????? maybe Ill get both.......................
Damnation! :cool:

Opeth - Heritage (I agree Chris....Took a three listens for me to soak it all up....Yes, it's excellent!!)
Old Silver Key - Tales of Wanderings

:devil:

I DEFINATELY would NOT call the new Opeth "Excellent". It is average at best, in my opinion. I am a fan of 70's psychadelic rock and I love Opeth's softer side......but this album, to me, is very disappointing.

There are some GREAT ideas throughout the album but they are poorly put together. There's lots of tease only to fall into flat boring atmosphere in many of the songs. Some tunes start off well and then go nowhere.

Could have been very good.....and I do like the new direction they've gone in....but it's a disjointed effort, as far as i'm concerned.

*** Listened to Black Sabbath - S/T today (great album)

Revisited some classics of the past this week:

1) King Crimson - Red (one of my all time faves)
2) Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
3) Yes - Close To The Edge
4) Yes - Fragile
5) Deep Purple - Machine Head
6) Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy
7) Atlanta Rhythm Section - Dog Days/Red Tape
8) Blue Oyster Cult - Spectres
9) The Pretty Things - Savage Eye
10) Pat Travers - Makin' Magic
11) Kansas - Vinyl Confessions

Now back to newer stuff... :lol:

I love Red as well. The only problem with this album is that it's too short...period! Which I guess is why I listen to it 2-3 times in a row! :D

Haken - Visions
Voyager - The Meaning Of I
Redemption - This Mortal Coil
Eldritch - Gaia's Legacy
Iced Earth - Dystropia
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two

Now if I was teasing, I would have used smilies to rub it in...kinda like Ken does...LOL. Or I would have told you how amazing all of them are (with the exception of Road Salt Two...although it is better than Road Salt One). I didn't do that, now did I?

But now I will...all while pointing to the National League East standings. So if you will excuse me, I will go put on the new White Willow and Knight Area as well, and follow those up with the new Steven Wilson, Agents of Mercy, Subsignal, Airbag, and Lunatic Soul.

Now THAT'S what I call teasing!

:fu:

Now if I was teasing, I would have used smilies to rub it in...kinda like Ken does...LOL. Or I would have told you how amazing all of them are (with the exception of Road Salt Two...although it is better than Road Salt One). I didn't do that, now did I?

But now I will...all while pointing to the National League East standings. So if you will excuse me, I will go put on the new White Willow and Knight Area as well, and follow those up with the new Steven Wilson, Agents of Mercy, Subsignal, Airbag, and Lunatic Soul.

Now THAT'S what I call teasing!

:fu:
What ever, Im not Impressed.............:loco:

Neither am I...nor was I attempting to try to impress you...believe me, that's the FURTHEST thing from my mind...it's called a JOB...while yours entails sitting on the forum all day, mine entails listening to discs and deciding how many we should bring in for the site based on how good or bad they are. Or would you prefer Ken and I listen to nothing new ahead of time and stick to selling old titles? :D

Neither am I...nor was I attempting to try to impress you...believe me, that's the FURTHEST thing from my mind...it's called a JOB...while yours entails sitting on the forum all day, mine entails listening to discs and deciding how many we should bring in for the site based on how good or bad they are. Or would you prefer Ken and I listen to nothing new ahead of time and stick to selling old titles? :D

Jim,

Has a decision been made yet on bringing in the Agents of Mercy?

Chris

No reason to get mad I was just goofing with ya...I would love to have your job listening to new cds every week or Daily... Oh and buy the way the Mets are allways out of it by the All-star break so Im used to it not offened..:wave::D

Jim,

Has a decision been made yet on bringing in the Agents of Mercy?

Chris

Unfortunately not yet...it appears as though the band doesn't want it sold badly enough to lower their price to something reasonable. It's a shame because I would think that they would want the music heard by everyone, and not just those in higher tax brackets.

No reason to get mad I was just goofing with ya...I would love to have your job listening to new cds every week or Daily... Oh and buy the way the Mets are allways out of it by the All-star break so Im used to it not offened..:wave::D

Bob, I didn't get offended at all, it takes a lot to offend me...I work with Ken for God's sake...LMAO. Seriously, it's all good, your job can't be bad either...reading the forum all day and listening to discs...I just happen to get them a couple weeks ahead of time is all...that is IF the labels decide to send us promos. One of these days, we will drag you kicking and screaming to see one of our bands and I'll buy you a drink.

The only offensive thing in these posts is your beloved Mets...my family works for them and I STILL could NEVER root for them. :devil:

Bob, I didn't get offended at all, it takes a lot to offend me...I work with Ken for God's sake...LMAO. Seriously, it's all good, your job can't be bad either...reading the forum all day and listening to discs...I just happen to get them a couple weeks ahead of time is all...that is IF the labels decide to send us promos. One of these days, we will drag you kicking and screaming to see one of our bands and I'll buy you a drink.

The only offensive thing in these posts is your beloved Mets...my family works for them and I STILL could NEVER root for them. :devil:

By Uncle was a season ticket owner back in the 60s 70s & into the early 80s, when he passed I got them, but I was at AT&T back then in Basking Ridge NJ.And I didnt have time for the games...I sold them in 1985 ...Where I grew up in Farmingdale LI NY, they was a street on the border of South Farmingdale & Amityville ( Yes that house is still there) where Ed Kranepool & Ed Wiess & Ron Swobota lived...They used to give all the kids Balls ,Bats ,Pennants, team & indivisualle photos card etc. Back in the early to late 60s.....GOOD TIMES................& then came BLACK Sabbath & Led Zepplin...:Smokin: