What r u Listening to?

How's the Genesis remix? I was gonna pick it up but it disappeared very quickly. :erk:

Leyth,

TO these worn out ears of mine, it sounds pretty darn good. I haven't compared this version to any previous versions so I can't really state one way or the other if it is better. I do thing the remix brings a really nice balance to the overall sound. Since I haven't listened to Trick Of A Tail in a long time, it was great to revisit. I would recommend purchasing.:)

Speaking of Agalloch, how do you like the new release? I've got it on order.

Right now it is my least favorite by them. But it is a very good album. I've only had 2 listens so far, and I feel it has the potential to grow on me. There is something about it that I just can't put my finger on which makes it a slight disappointmnet for me. Ever have your favorite food dish and you feel it is just "missing something?" That's how I feel right now. This is probably something personal though, as the cd is getting terrific reviews.

Thanks. Just ordered. Man, are cds from French bands expensive!

Glad you liked them. Another similar band I like is Les Discrets. Their album is called "Septembre Et Ses." They have more of a Post/Shoegaze vibe going on and less black metal. It's cheaper too. :lol:

As for Agalloch. I agree with you that it's a grower. It finally clicked with me on the third listen so don't give up. I like the subtle differences they added which helps this album stand out from their past releases. This could end up being my favorite. Time will tell. :D

Appearance of nothing----All Gods Are Gone

( Whats with all the Dam Growling)

I like their music alot...but one of the singers (I think it's the bassist) sounds like he always has a throat full of flegm. I can't get into this band just because of his singing.

Right now I am into :

Spiral Architect - Sceptic's Universe

Psycroptic - Observant

Ghost - Opus Eponymous (unbelievable melodies that stick in your mind for days....never experienced this before...at least not like with these guys).

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven