What separates Katatonia from euro trash.

strangedays said:
Opeth I'm afraid do the whole growl thing, and i'm sorry but its old and very cheesy, if you think im disturbed for finding it funny when someone thinks that deep throat hard to understand lyrics with balls larger than a dinasours egg singing is plasted over what sounds musically superb album and ruins it, then why are you here?
i'd rather go with growls than with bad clean vocals. how many potentially good albums were ruined by some guy who never learned how to sing. even a technically good vocalist can ruin a record for me with an annoying voice (example: Radiohead). this is even worse with mainstream rock/pop: Oasis, James Blunt, The Rasmus, the list is endless...

Illnath said:
I think Thom Yorke has a great voice..Radiohead is one of my favourite bands:loco:
that's a matter of personal taste. i can't stand his voice. it's the same case as with Steven Wilson and PT. both of them are technically good vocalists but i just can'T stand their voices...

A Stranger said:
i want you to think long and hard about this sentence. im not going to explain the flaw to you. just think about it. maybe even do some searching online. just think.

there is something underlying that sentence that not too many people posting on the thread share. i personally don't share it. it also seems that strangedays' musical tastes don't really match everyone in here. it is a fact that many people who like katatonia also like opeth and some (probably many) of the other bands that strangedays has expressed disdain for. i don't mean to dispute his tastes, since there is no really useful discussion to be had along those lines, but i don't like the tone of his comments.

by the way, it's rather hard to associate cheese with opeth. but i guess that's because when i hear the words 'cheese' and 'metal' it is manowar that comes to my mind. and manowar, opeth ain't.

strangedays said:
I think its a shame to see that some people on these forums have to get so uptight and come out with pointless insults about whether i went to school or not.. of course i did, hense why i have the ability to argue my point!

now you see our problems with europeans!

the last sentence implies some not so nice things about europeans. and it is not funny. it's probably a bad idea to put it on a thread where there are many europeans who enjoy all sorts of "cheese" metal like opeth, bloodbath and behemoth.
i presume the point about whether strangedays has gone to school is based on the fair number of mistakes in grammar and spelling in his posts. i wish he had noticed that this was behind some of the insults before following his (perhaps justified) remark with the word 'hense'.
this thread has become needlessly long and i will not be posting on it anymore.

strangedays said:
I think its a shame to see that some people on these forums have to get so uptight and come out with pointless insults about whether i went to school or not.. of course i did, hense why i have the ability to argue my point!

now you see our problems with europeans!

Yep, go crying to mom...you're the person who started with the insults, but of course you cry foul when someone gives it right back to you.

Yet, you don't have the ability to atleast give off the impression that you got past 8th grade.

Our problem? To the best of my knowledge, you're the only ignorant one here spouting his dislike for Europe and the poeple that occupy it, get off your high horse buddy you're just as much of a fuck up as you make them out to be.

bass_lover1 said:
Yep, go crying to mom...you're the person who started with the insults, but of course you cry foul when someone gives it right back to you.

Yet, you don't have the ability to atleast give off the impression that you got past 8th grade.

Our problem? To the best of my knowledge, you're the only ignorant one here spouting his dislike for Europe and the poeple that occupy it, get off your high horse buddy you're just as much of a fuck up as you make them out to be.

can i second that?...