what the fuck is this forum comming too

Y'know, it's funny that you mention that Lasse.

I've found over time that it's those threads with gimmick/software titles that grab most people's attention. They get the most views, because people are interested enough to ask for their Revalver presets, their SD2.0 presets and essentially use that thread as a springboard to mooch from the thread starter.

So quite a few times in the past I've said in the thread title (Slate, Bogner, Soldano etc. etc.). Even my most recent one referenced impulses mainly because I knew that word gets people's attention and using it in an antagonistic context (like, oh say, 'I hate impulses') makes it more clickable :)

So that's the irony there. The gear used doesn't tell you anything about the project, but at the same time it's enticing enough to the majority of users on here to warrant getting clicked on.

Remember when I posted that MASSIVE real amp shoot-out done by those guys at HCAF or wherever the hell, in the studio. That was something I was looking for for years. That thread may have got to about 1/8th of the size of the 'fredman catharsis impulses' thread. It tells you a lot about the general mindset.

You've got so many people here who only know a few buzzwords and the only way to attract attention is to use gimmicks.

soooo true.
:worship:

My golf club is opened to all non members, 7 days a week, as is 80% of all the clubs in my town, its amazing the people you meet through public gatherings! 90% of all non members are great people and of the couple of idiots, well they are dealt with properly and promptly. Nothing here has even come close to what you have suggested! I love meeting new people and playing golf at the same time. Never had trouble once!
yeah, but I doubt you'll get a taxi paid to get there, then get a nice club handed, tought how to play, then a free ride home and a blowjob etc....and all that for free...cause if that was the case the golfclub would grow very fast and then collapse....that is what's about to happen with this forum...
you see, your "analogy" lacks important parallels.

soooo true.
:worship:

yeah, but I doubt you'll get a taxi paid to get there, then get a nice club handed, tought how to play etc....and all that for free...cause if that was the case the golfclub would grow very fast and then collapse....that is what's about to happen with this forum...
you see, your "analogy" lacks important parallels.

People get "free rides" to my golf club often. Some share their new drivers and clubs, and there is always a great wealth of knowledge being shared around by us single figured handicappers! The golf club is 70 years old now and attracting more great members every year! Is it going to collapse, never. The only chance of that happening is if people think like yourself and start thinking about to many so called "outsiders" which we were all once! Saying "this is fucked, to many that dont think like myself, look at all those cocked up ideas". I dont know where you are from Lasse, but most people there must be shitheads!

People get "free rides" to my golf club often. Some share their new drivers and clubs, and there is always a great wealth of knowledge being shared around by us single figured handicappers! The golf club is 70 years old now and attracting more great members every year! Is it going to collapse, never. The only chance of that happening is if people think like yourself and start thinking about to many so called "outsiders" which we were all once! Saying "this is fucked, to many that dont think like myself, look at all those cocked up ideas". I dont know where you are from Lasse, but most people there must be shitheads!

you don't understand the point.....
it's not about new members playing GOLF but new members going there for the free blowjob.
these guys will never pick up a club, they aren't even interested in golf, they're just there to have a picknic on the green and get a blowjob.....I strongly doubt that your golfclub would tolerate people going there only to enjoy the free "beach" (sand/bunker or however you call it) next to hole8.
do you really think your golfclub would tolerate people pickniccing there and letting their remote controlled helicopters fly on the golf course?
or do you think all the guys using the hills as a course for their motocross bikes would contribute or even be tolerated?
I'm not talking about new golfers with new techniques, I'm talking about those motorcyclist using (abusing) the golfcourse for their thing...
I really really doubt that you golfclub will allow that!!

another thing....can anyone go there for free or do you have to pay a fee to play there? think about that
aand you're right, most people are dickheads where I'm coming from...like anywhere else in the world.

C'mon man, from someone living in Ballarat to someone in Germany that's like the most ironic statement ever!

I don't think a golf club is a good analogy to this place. First of all this is free admission and un-moderated so ANYBODY could come here at ANYTIME and do WHATEVER THEY WANT. That's the important thing to realize. We rely on self-moderation very heavily. We've been lucky because over time this place has attracted some fantastic people. It was my refuge from the hell that the Opeth board was going through at the time. Now it's the same inevitable process happening here. As soon as you start sub-dividing the forums and asking for heavier moderation that *is it*, that's the death knell of the haven that the place used to be. I've seen it happen too many times on other boards to see it any other way. As soon as you attract this volume of people, you're going to pollute the place. You're going to try to contain the pollution by dividing people into neat categories (never 51 of em though :S) but the spread is inevitable. The old crew will talk about how awesome the 'golden days' were, after which they will make their own private forum away from here and the place will go into massive decline until it becomes something very unlike how it used to be, because there's nobody around to remember, apart from Andy who will double facepalm every time people ask him what his C4 settings are for the bazillionth time.

You give someone an inch and they take a mile. Its that sort of thing. People will walk all over you, take advantage, and mooch off of everyone when given the opportunity.

EDIT: Ermz I swear if someone else asks about those fucking c-4 settings I am gonna throw head through my computer monitor. I can remember when I first found this forum there were only like a few pages worth of posts. That was so long ago and I lurked for a year or two before even posting on here bc I was too afraid I would look bad in comparison to everyone else's awesome work on here. Oh the glory days.

you don't understand the point.....
it's not about new members playing GOLF but new members going there for the free blowjob.
these guys will never pick up a club, they aren't even interested in golf, they're just there to have a picknic on the green and get a blowjob.....I strongly doubt that your golfclub would accept people going there only to enjoy the free "beach" (sand/bunker or however you call it) next to hole8.
do you really think your golfclub would tolerate people pickniccing there and letting their remote controlled helicopters fly on the golf course?
or do you think all the guys using the hills as a course for their motocross bikes would contribute or even be tolerated?
I'm not talking about new golfers with new techniques, I'm talking about those motorcyclist using (abusing) the golfcourse for their thing...
I really really doubt that you golfclub will allow that!!
aand you're right, most people are dickheads where I'm coming from...like anywhere else in the world

Not to many dickheads here. Thats why we dont have any situations like that. The people I know would go to a lake or farm for a picnic, not a bloody golf course ....... Anyway, why the hatred for HCAF? Why dont we cap the membership as of today onwards! No more outsiders. 2 weeks down the track, maybe we will let in a few, but if you are from HCAF, no go! Fuck dude, this is WWW! World wide web! Good on someone for getting free blowjobs on a golf course! Would you knock a freebie back? would you honestly leave if more HCAF clones came to this forum?

Not to many dickheads here. Thats why we dont have any situations like that. The people I know would go to a lake or farm for a picnic, not a bloody golf course ....... Anyway, why the hatred for HCAF? Why dont we cap the membership as of today onwards! No more outsiders. 2 weeks down the track, maybe we will let in a few, but if you are from HCAF, no go! Fuck dude, this is WWW! World wide web! Good on someone for getting free blowjobs on a golf course! Would you knock a freebie back? would you honestly leave if more HCAF clones came to this forum?

Theres HCAF hatred bc there's rediculous posts on there that I am sure a lot of us could live our lives without. Not to mention the vast majority are dicks who have nothing better to offer than the occassional calling of someone a "newb, noob, n00b,nube".

What's interesting above all is that the important questions aren't asked anymore like.

-Hey Andy, how do you schedule time so projects don't overlap?
-Hey Andy, how do you put musicians at their ease when they're freaking out and you need to track a world-class record on a deadline?
-Hey Andy, how do you deal with labels in terms of extending deadlines?
-Hey Andy, what's a great way of getting the most into a pre-production session on the band's dime?
-Hey Andy, what sort of layers should I look at doing in order to push the energy of the choruses?

It's always 'what EXACT EQ was used here?', 'what EXACT amp?', 'do you have SCREENSHOTS?'. Fuck.

Not just to rag on HCAF because that forum brings such comedic relief but it's one of those forums were people go "OMFG my AMP IS DA BEST I Get the Good Tone!"

Then you ask for clips 'ohh sorry' - Well no one gives a shit how your amp sounds in your bedroom.

Not just to rag on HCAF because that forum brings such comedic relief but it's one of those forums were people go "OMFG my AMP IS DA BEST I Get the Good Tone!"

Then you ask for clips 'ohh sorry' - Well no one gives a shit how your amp sounds in your bedroom.

HAHAHA exactly! That was so on point. And the fact that they have posts just to talk about how much they hate a fellow forumite. Its all lame. I used to love HCAF but that was years and years ago before the "BantHammer"

C'mon man, from someone living in Ballarat to someone in Germany that's like the most ironic statement ever!

I don't think a golf club is a good analogy to this place. First of all this is free admission and un-moderated so ANYBODY could come here at ANYTIME and do WHATEVER THEY WANT. That's the important thing to realize. We rely on self-moderation very heavily. We've been lucky because over time this place has attracted some fantastic people. It was my refuge from the hell that the Opeth board was going through at the time. Now it's the same inevitable process happening here. As soon as you start sub-dividing the forums and asking for heavier moderation that *is it*, that's the death knell of the haven that the place used to be. I've seen it happen too many times on other boards to see it any other way. As soon as you attract this volume of people, you're going to pollute the place. You're going to try to contain the pollution by dividing people into neat categories (never 51 of em though :S) but the spread is inevitable. The old crew will talk about how awesome the 'golden days' were, after which they will make their own private forum away from here and the place will go into massive decline until it becomes something very unlike how it used to be, because there's nobody around to remember, apart from Andy who will double facepalm every time people ask him what his C4 settings are for the bazillionth time.

Sevenstring.org is going well. Very well run, with moderators that do their job well. Lots of catagories, easy to navagate. "As soon as you attract this volume of people, you're going to pollute the place." Pollute it with what? More brains and ideas? Some better work from outside these walls? These comments will get out eventually, and the outsiders will be calling us the ones with our heads up our arses! So what if there are people coming in for a quick fix. Its their business, they might like to roll that way. This forum hasnt changed much at all, but some here want to go backwards, all in the name of keeping it a "tight knit'' community. If I post something here, its for the whole world to see, not just a selected few. Do I put in the thread, "if you are new here, or have under 50 posts, please do not read, use or copy any of the below!" or "Sorry, if you have an inadequate number of posts, you will not receive these presets!"

Anyway, why the hatred for HCAF?

honey_bee_web.jpg
cuz if t4is was tHe HC mapz Forumz,

:erk::erk::cool:

this

ö.

ö.

:mad:

would

ö.

look

ö.

:OMG::OMG::OMG:

ö.

:heh::heh:

ö.

:saint::saint::saint:

ö.

this:loco::loco:

would you honestly leave if more HCAF clones came to this forum?
YES!

...all in the name of keeping it a "tight knit'' community. If I post something here, its for the whole world to see, not just a selected few.

don't you see that a "tight-knit" community can have advantages?
THAT EXACTLY is what people love about this forum....I understand that it's not for everyone, but if you think big forums with tons of people are better there are tons out there (ESP, sevenstring, hcaf,......).
Why does EVERY forum have to be like that? that'll just take away from how versatile the internet can be....eventually everyone with a computer will be member in every forum...why would we need more than one global forum then?
what you're not seeing is that some people who are really big in this business have already left this place for that reason!
And I don't necessarily feel that 200 new members make up for that.
you're right, more members=more posts and more different opinions and insights.
but don't forget: less experienced business pros=fewer high quality posts.

These comments will get out eventually, and the outsiders will be calling us the ones with our heads up our arses!

if that helps keeping this place clean....hell yeah, I hope that's what people think.

Umm

:lol:

.:loco:
What the fuck is HCAF? :lol:

I kinda liked the conversation about blowjobs on a golf course. Let's add a subforum for that.

Specifically on a golf course or blowjobs in general?

I just come here for help on getting the best sound I can with software, but I search and lurk as much as possible. Just look at that post count, it's almost embarrassing.:lol:

edit: and the occasional laugh in offtopic/boob thread