what the fuck to do with my life plz

at this point pretty sure it's not going to work out, no drastic changes for now

which suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks and kept me up half of last night

What it was to be? Or would that spoil things more. If it involved cutting your hair DON'T DO IT MAN but otherwise I say anything is worth a shot. I've lost a few longhair'd friends to the scissors this year... and yes I find that sad. Why? REMEMBER 1996 PEOPLE.

Whoa, my old beard AND old wedding ring were in this thread. I lost the beard to boredom and the ring launched itself into the Pacific a few weeks ago near Malibu. Kind of a bummer but at least tungsten is cheap. Now I have a half-size smaller so the shackle stays put! And it's too god damn hot to grow a full beard right now.

no way i will never cut my hair.

i wanted to quit my job and go back to college to study a thing but its not happening right now it seems

still want to quit my job

:kickass:

I understand, wife has been in the same predicament for a few years.

Quitting a job fucking rules. Few things are quite as satisfying.

facts:

* i've been working here for 3 years or so, my job sucks and i want a new one which pays better and is not deathly boring

* although i am a clever fellow and good at a lot of shit, i don't have any particularly weighty education or experience to prove it

* i am dead tired of being broke all the time, for which reason i am not that into the idea of going back to college and getting a proper education which will get me a proper job. that's three more years of having no money and i'm fucking 26 already. also it means i will go into years and years of debt (i am currently 100% debt free) by taking out a loan to fund my studies.

* i'm moving in with my girlfriend shortly and i have a car and various other things that bind me to having to be semi-responsible and bring in some sort of steady income. i can't fuck around with going into debt for any kind of education which does not lead to a job

* i wanna rock

the options:

* i could keep working this job until i can't take it anymore, take another bad-to-ok dead end job somewhere, keep doing this until i die. i will make bad money and be semi-unhappy for the rest of my life.

* i could go back to college and get serious, get a marketable education (probably comp sci,) get a job which pays well, keep doing this until i die. i will make good money and be semi-unhappy for the rest of my life.

* i could try doing some freelance work with the skills i already have, i.e. any combination of programming, graphic design, photography, audio engineering etc. the market for shit like this is heavily saturated already and i am absolute garbage at "marketing" myself and i have no self-discipline so however much i would love to do this in theory, i know that it will not work

* total death und coldvoid über alles

but seriously bros. it feels like i'm already pretty locked into my situation, like at 26 i've already sealed my fate essentially. i wish someone would have told me around high school that what you're doing now actually has serious repercussions on the future, because it sure didn't feel like it at the time.

also i wish someone would have told me that all the chains you agree to let yourself be bound by are actually pretty hard to break loose from. i'm not the kind of guy who would sell all his shit and say "fuck it, moving to costa rica" although like everyone else, sometimes i wish i was. i guess. not costa rica though.

also i don't want this to be interpreted as a huge emo "boo hoo my life sucks" thread because that's not what it is, it doesn't suck, it's just a bit confusing. give me pro tips.

tl;dr: what to do plz: waste 3 more years of my life + go into debt by getting a real education

OR

hope for the best and scrape by with what little education/skills/experience i have so far, with my best "this will all work out for the best, i'm a SMART GUY" attitude

if you're just simply asking whether or not to go to college
don't
if you don't have enough cash/grants to completely totally pay for tuition completely upfront with out any student loan debt, then you're just acquiring debt, it's not worth it, it's just not worth the debt
my advice would be to get out and do a job where you "get paid per project" instead of getting "paid per hour"
write a novel, or get into comic writing/comic penciling, sculpting, painting, or be an actor, musician, professional youtube video maker, etc etc etc
you could do any of these things in your free-time-after-work
it will take a while to make enough money to quit your day job, but if you put in the effort, you'll eventually make it

if you're just simply asking whether or not to go to college
don't
if you don't have enough cash/grants to completely totally pay for tuition completely upfront with out any student loan debt, then you're just acquiring debt, it's not worth it, it's just not worth the debt
my advice would be to get out and do a job where you "get paid per project" instead of getting "paid per hour"
write a novel, or get into comic writing/comic penciling, sculpting, painting, or be an actor, musician, professional youtube video maker, etc etc etc
it will take a while to make enough money to quit your day job, but if you put in the effort, you'll eventually make it

lol you are replying to a post from forever ago

that said thanks for the advice i guess, there's no such thing as "tuition" in sweden though, colleges are free (but i would still go into debt taking out loans to support myself since it's probably not viable to work and study)

i know now what i want to be when i grow up, though. at least in a nebulous ballpark kind of way

i know what i want to study and what i want to work with for the foreseeable future. and it is not comp sci or anything technical at all, nor is it music or art or anything dumb like that

also i've been trying to do small projects on the side etc etc and while theres a number of things i have that are marketable skills (kind of) i have absolutely zero "business sense", don't understand economics, can't run a company, so i've p. much given up on that for now

wtf is going on here lately? rc needs a carbon monoxide detector.

monoxide child
car-exhaust-lg.jpg

the forum
hose.jpg

us
passed_out_car.jpg

Monoxide is from Dallas. Wtf is up with that city? Lord Red Dragon, this dipshit, Napsack trying to sodomize acie, the cavalcade of sexual deviants who follow Cara home from work, etc.

we actually receive free money from the state from going to college, like $450 a month or something

monoxide child
car-exhaust-lg.jpg

the forum
hose.jpg

us
passed_out_car.jpg

hahahaha

Monoxide is from Dallas. Wtf is up with that city? Lord Red Dragon, this dipshit, Napsack trying to sodomize acie, the cavalcade of sexual deviants who follow Cara home from work, etc.

there are lots and lots of UM posters from Dallas, the other ones just don't post in the same forums as i do

even if the colleges are free in Sweden, this still sounds like good advice, getting paid per project instead of per hour is extremely liberating/emotionally satisfying to a lot of people

Starting my first night of my new shift. Went from working 5am-1:30pm to 9pm-5:30am. Fuck everything. Need a new gig, something where I work quasi normal hours and can completely not care about work when I'm off.