What was the first album you ever owned?

Lord Foul

I don't spank men
Mar 9, 2004
Sunnyvale, CA
www.myspace.com
I'm curious to see what started people out on their musical journey. Post the first cd/cassette/8-track/vinyl/reel-to-reel you ever bought or had purchased for you.

Mine was:
R-965852-1178588554.jpeg

(Top Gun Soundtrack on Cassette for those who can't see the image)

the first album that I owned was a Best of Kiss CD... Greatest Kiss, I believe it was called. The first album I actually BOUGHT was Backyard Babies - "Total 13" (Swedish punk/sleaze/whatever). I was around 7 yrs old, so how the fuck I could afford it, I don't know... I know my mum wasn't too happy with the direction my taste in music was heading, at least..

Metallica - ...And Justice For all

second:
Michael Jackson - Dangerous

Dying Fetus - Stop at Nothing ... naw just kidding:

1st actual release I owned that wasn't a mix tape etc...

Dance mix '96 TAPE

then:
Bush-X - Razorblade Suicase TAPE
No Doubt - (I forget the album name, but the one with a rotten peach tree on it or something) TAPE
Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe CD
Our Lady Peace - Naveed CD

Then I slowly began discovering metal and have been buying releases at an almost exponential rate. For the record, I was born in '88.

Is this first album you ever got or bought? If it's got... It's Jimi Hendrix Gold Collection. If it's bought; ZOP (I know, I'm a late bloomer on that authentic front).

Haha I think it was the first Spice Girls cd. I was an elementary school girl in the late 90s... I didn't really have a choice.

But I know the first metal album I bought was Defenders of the Faith.

Kiss - Dynasty on cassette. I was threeish/fourish and wanted a Kiss album to call my own dammit, as I was otherwise only able to listen to the records that belonged to my brother. He stole the tape from me though :(