what was the first ever death metal song you listened to?

SuicideMachine said:
edit: i dont think barnes was in it, the singer didnt have dreads i think
I'm guessing it was the Devoured by Vermin clip, from the Vile album....was there blood spitting and some really crazy bass-playing?

first DM song: "The Enemy Inside" by Six Feet Under in 1996 when I was only 12 years old.....and I never looked back.

Don't know if they'd be considered death metal (I don't bother much with trying to classify into a bunch of sub genres) but the first song that got me to realize that maybe I should look into this whole "death metal" thing...was Sarcastic Existence by Sepultura. That song kicks ass!

:lol: I was 14 years old when I saw the Carcass' Heartwork video on....Beavis & Butthead.
So, I thought what I heard of the song was really, really good, and I bought Heartwork a few days later, and to this day, it's still one of my my favorite CD's.

Come to think of it, Beavis and Butthead played a lot of cool DM videos when I was 14.
Other videos I saw on that show were Morbid Angel's 'God of Emptiness', Death's 'The Philosopher',and Cannibal Corpse's 'Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead', and soon after, I checked out all of these bands, and I still love Death Metal.

Oddly enough, I guess I have MTV to thank for getting me into death metal.
Weird.

anyone know what the black and white CC vid was??
It was "Staring Through The Eyes OF The Dead" from The Bleeding album.
I taped it off of Headbangers Ball when it came out. It was the last damn video they played that night, about 2 or 3 in the morning, and I think that's the first and only time they ever played it too.

Darth Kur said:
It was "Staring Through The Eyes OF The Dead" from The Bleeding album.
I taped it off of Headbangers Ball when it came out. It was the last damn video they played that night, about 2 or 3 in the morning, and I think that's the first and only time they ever played it too.

The 'nu'-headbanger's ball actually played 'Staring Through The Eyes of the Dead' last weekend, but it was just because they were having an interview with Chris Barnes. 'twas odd.

Thanks to Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Cannibal Corpse's Hammer Smashed Face was my first taste of death metal. The first death metal song I sought out on KaZaa I think was from Morbid Angel's Blessed Are The Sick album.

Mournful