What would you reccomend?

Which bands? It would help us help you if you tell us which bands you liked out of what you have listened to.

Well... a lot of bands do that. I mean, you're just talking about clean vocals, right? Like Opeth and Dimmu Borgir do? Or do you only mean when it's pop-punk kind of vocals?

A lot of bands do that but more don't than do, so it shouldn't be hard for you to avoid it.

I second that Vehemence. Just recently listened to God was Created. Wow, it was not what i expected. Alot deeper then I thought it was gonna be.

Edit : and by deeper than i thought i mean it was above the"god isnt real so :p" that i thought it was going to be originally

Yeah, listened to the cd and read the lyrics alongside it. Havent done that in awhile, think Ayreons "The Human Equation" was the last time i did. But yeah to the thread starter listen to "She never noticed me","I didnt kill her", and "Fantasy from Pain". That should let you know if you like them or not.

Alittle mix of various styles

Slayer-Seasons in the abyss
Megadeth-Rust in peace
Testament-Practice what you preach
Fear Factory-Soul of a new machine
Carcass-Swansong
Dimmu Borgir-In Sorte Diaboli
Ihsahn-The Adversary
Kreator-Enemy of god

Which bands? It would help us help you if you tell us which bands you liked out of what you have listened to.
So far I havent downloaded much... but the bands ive liked so far are The Faceless and Emperor

Well... a lot of bands do that. I mean, you're just talking about clean vocals, right? Like Opeth and Dimmu Borgir do? Or do you only mean when it's pop-punk kind of vocals?

A lot of bands do that but more don't than do, so it shouldn't be hard for you to avoid it.

depends what you mean by feminine... just "clean" vocals, or a female vocalist, or a sort of emo singing style...?
Yeah, this is what I mean. They're "clean" vocals, but in a high pitched voice... thanks.

the "great riffs and melodies". Having not subjected myself to the entire discographies of all groups mentioned it's clearly possible that I've not heard what you may consider their collective best 20-30 songs (as together I'm sure they have well over 400 songs to choose from)

While I could probably list at least 10 songs for some of these bands, I'll try and narrow it down to 4 each:

Sabbath:
● N.I.B.
● Hand of Doom
● Wheels of Confusion
● Neon Knights

Maiden:
● Phantom of the Opera
● Run to the Hills
● Aces High
● Be Quick or Be Dead

Motorhead:
● Overkill
● No Class
● Limb From Limb
● Ace of Spades

Bathory:
● Enter the Eternal Fire
● Shores in Flames
● The Lake
● Vinland

Venom:
● In League With Satan
● Angel Dust
● Black Metal
● Rip Ride

Yngwie Malmsteen:
● Icarus' Dream Suite Opus 4
● I'll See the Light, Tonight
● You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget
● Liar

Metallica
● Ride the Lightning
● For Whom the Bell Tolls
● Four Horsemen
● Motorbreath

Morbid Angel
● Dawn of the Angry
● Bil Ur-Sag
● Summoning Redemption
● Stricken Arise

Judas Priest, Slayer, and Darkthrone I'm not so familiar with, but here's one for each, respectively:
● Leather Rebel
● Angel of Death
● Cromlech

Believe me I've tried numerous times to get into Maiden. Thanks but no thanks.
I respect that...

While I could probably list at least 10 songs for some of these bands, I'll try and narrow it down to 4 each:

Sabbath:
● N.I.B.
● Hand of Doom
● Wheels of Confusion
● Neon Knights

Maiden:
● Phantom of the Opera
● Run to the Hills
● Aces High
● Be Quick or Be Dead

Motorhead:
● Overkill
● No Class
● Limb From Limb
● Ace of Spades

Bathory:
● Enter the Eternal Fire
● Shores in Flames
● The Lake
● Vinland

Venom:
● In League With Satan
● Angel Dust
● Black Metal
● Rip Ride

Yngwie Malmsteen:
● Icarus' Dream Suite Opus 4
● I'll See the Light, Tonight
● You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget
● Liar

Metallica
● Ride the Lightning
● For Whom the Bell Tolls
● Four Horsemen
● Motorbreath

Morbid Angel
● Dawn of the Angry
● Bil Ur-Sag
● Summoning Redemption
● Stricken Arise

Judas Priest, Slayer, and Darkthrone I'm not so familiar with, but here's one for each, respectively:
● Leather Rebel
● Angel of Death
● Cromlech

Errors!

Judas Priest:
Leather Rebel
Breaking The Law
Living After Midnight
Bloodstone

Slayer:
Raining Blood
Angel Of Death
At Dawn They Sleep
POstmortem

Bathory:
Enter The Eternal Fire
Dies Irae
One Rode To Asa Bay
Vinland

Metallica:
Ride The Lightning
No Remorse
Master Of Puppets
Fade To Black

Sabbath:
No need for a list. Everyone has heard Iron Man, Paranoid, Black Sabbath, and probably Hand Of Doom. But for later Sabbath:
Heaven And Hell
Neon Knights
Die Young
Mob Rules

Maiden:
Blood Brothers/Paschendale
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills

Motorhead:
Ace Of Spades (Duhr)
In The Year of The Wolf
Poison
The Chase Is Better Than The Catch

Venom:
Countess Bathory
Black Metal
Leave Me In Hell
In League With Satan (Hilariously bad, sorta like a B-movie)

Limited experience with Morbid Angel and I don't like Yngwie, so I won't argue those...Darkthrone I only have Soulside Journey, but I agree with that pick...

If you're really that new to metal, be sure to familiarise yourself with the classics:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Motörhead
Judas Priest
Bathory
Venom
Yngwie Malmsteen
early Metallica
early Slayer
Morbid Angel
Darkthrone

Those guys all have must-hear material, and will also give you a good sense of the different subgenres metal has to offer.

Fuck the classics. This is all you need my dear friend.

bmm006.jpg

The Morningside - The wind, the trees, and the shadows of the past

Judas Priest:Leather Rebel
Bathory:Enter The Eternal Fire
Sabbath:Neon Knights
Motorhead:Ace Of Spades

I've heard all those so far. I'm about half way through his list (so channnnces are since I didn't like these or even consider the riffs anything special, I wont like the others, or your variations...but I'll get them anyway)

For Black Sabbath "Planet Caravan" off of Paranoid is a good one too. But the truth is I never did really like Sabbath. They are alright imo, but I still respect them.

I've heard all those so far. I'm about half way through his list (so channnnces are since I didn't like these or even consider the riffs anything special, I wont like the others, or your variations...but I'll get them anyway)

No offense, but if you don't like any of the songs on that list, then you really do have shit taste in music, by any commonly-accepted standard of taste. There are far too many great bands on there to be universally dismissed as boring by any single person.