what year did metal die in the ass?

I remember HOBBS ANGEL OF DEATH from Australia, they made a killer album in 1988!!!

I play it regularly, they were referred to as the Autralian Slayer!

It's not exactly metal but while I was in Sydney in 98 IO saw ROSE TATTO and the ANGELS perform at Selina's Coogee Beach! aThat was awesome!

hobbs angel of death....fuck yeah. "i am not a virgin i am not a slut" classic aussie metal. like rodney rude, that unique aussie style. i saw someone wearing that shirt at the anthrax sydney gig just gone. was that you?

At the time when Metal died elsewhere it boomed in Scandinavia (Norse BM, Swedish Death, and Finnish 'strange stuff';)) so it wasn´t too bad for us, over here....

Metal never really died (it never has & it never will!!!),imo,it became more "cool" to listen to grunge. :tickled:
I like the metal scene right now not too popular,not too underground. But thats imo. :wave: :headbang:

I say, if you think metal ever died you haven't been looking hard enough for quality releases. I could probably rattle off 12 great albums from every year since I was born..but that would involve a lot of typing.

Edit: Maybe I'll do a few years...

1993:
Alchemist - Jar Of Kingdom
Anthrax - Soun Of White Noise
At The Gates - With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Blind Guardian - Tokyo Tales (yes, it's live..so I'll do an extra album)
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Cynic - Focus
Damn The Machine - Damn The Machine
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Death Angel - Frolic Through The Park
Isengard - Hostmorke
Metal Church - Hanging In The Balance
Motorhead - Bastards
Sigh - Infedel Art
Steve Vai - Sex & Religion (Not metal, but Devin Townsend on vocals has to count for something)
Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses
Venom - Skeletons In The Closet (best of)

There. Something for everyone. Melodic Death, Speed/Power, Technical Death, Prog Metal, Thrash, Black and so on..

PyroVesten said:
1993:
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Cynic - Focus
Isengard - Hostmorke
Motorhead - Bastards
Sigh - Infedel Art
Steve Vai - Sex & Religion (Not metal, but Devin Townsend on vocals has to count for something)

There. Something for everyone. Melodic Death, Speed/Power, Technical Death, Prog Metal, Thrash, Black and so on..

This is me nit picking but Death Angel - Frolic Through The Park was released in 1988

PyroVesten said:
1993:
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Cynic - Focus
Isengard - Hostmorke
Motorhead - Bastards
Sigh - Infedel Art

There's no great thrash albums in there. I never did like ITP by Death either.

Never, I don't think metal ever died it just got less noticed by the mainstream. And in my opinion that was and is for the better. All we need is for that genre to get corrupted in general. We need the outside recognition.---sarcastistic comment.

lovehunter said:
Never, I don't think metal ever died it just got less noticed by the mainstream. And in my opinion that was and is for the better. All we need is for that genre to get corrupted in general. We need the outside recognition.---sarcastistic comment.

But, in an attempt to gain or re-gain media attention, A LOT of bands compromise their sound. If media attention was already in place then band wouldn't need to compromise their sound the downside of this is that as soon as band gets media attention every label wants a duplicate band so that they can compete!

BASTARDS!