Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Melodic Black Metal

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Extreme Power Metal

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Something Else

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
It's kung fu metal. Quite simply coolest shit out there, and too versatile to isolate into a product canister of one metal genre.

Children of Bodoms chord structuring has nothing to do with power metal.

I disagree.

The tremolo picking is really rare.

KTS, Northern Comfort, Mask of Sanity. I suppose three isn't that much, but it's certainly not rare.

A heavy use of a keyboard stands for power metal? Didn't knew that.

You missed the part about "creating dominant symphonic elements." That's the most important thing. Just using keyboards doesn't guarantee a symphonic atmosphere.

Your commonly used power metal drum pattern is used by nearly all metal bands I know.

It's most commonly associated with power metal and is found in FTR a good amount.

Even Alexi said in some interview that it's hard to describe their music but that it's no fucking power metal.

Actually, speaking of interviews, there was an interview a while back in which Alexi said he disliked Kissing The Shadows because it sounds like some Rhapsody shit or something :lol: Rhapsody = power metal.

In theory perhaps, but at least for me there is 0% power metal-feel (which is pretty much the most important thing in music anyway) on that album.

Fair enough. One of the feelings I (and I think most people) tend to associate with power metal is that oh-so-glorious wonderful feeling of triumph and conquer of the world. In songs like Northern Comfort (its chorus especially), Hate Me!, Follow The Reaper, Kissing The Shadows (which in some interview, Alexi even admitted that it "sounds like Rhapsody" - a power metal band), I get that same feeling. A symphony of glorified awsmness. I don't really get this feeling anywhere on any of Bodom's other albums that I can recall, just FTR.

My friend who is mostly into death/black metal even comments to me about how he doesn't like CoB because their stuff seems too "too happy-sounding" :lol: Take away the harsh vocals, give it some belting tenor vocals and you've got something...

@ eveningninja

the most important thing in power metal is probably the high vocals. about your drum patterns again... most songs on HCDR have the same pattern. and on AYDY. it's NOT power metal

@ eveningninja

the most important thing in power metal is probably the high vocals. about your drum patterns again... most songs on HCDR have the same pattern. and on AYDY. it's NOT power metal

I disagree. To me the structure of the music itself is more definitive than vocal style. And from the beginning of this conversation I stated that the coinciding elements of FTR and power metal have nothing to do with vocals, why bring it up now?

No one is saying HCDR or AYDY are power metal (in fact I just claimed the opposite).

And anyway, Alexi is on my side. KTS = Rhapsody lawl

Or else...?
10366752.jpg