Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Melodic Black Metal

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Extreme Power Metal

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Something Else

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
if Black metal is a subset of Heavy metal and Death metal is a subset of Black metal then are Death metal and Heavy metal the same thing?

No, Death metal is two steps "down" from Heavy metal in that case.

If death metal is a subgenre of black metal, Children of Bodom IS DEFINITELY BLACK METAL.

Is a chicken an egg because it derives from an egg? I think COB are melodic death metal which is when bands combine two extremes to create a perfect breed of music that can creatively express opposite emotions such as anger, sorrow, beauty.

Is the egg fertilized? Does it have a full set of chicken chromosomes? If I eat it will it taste like chicken?

AH HELL, you're difficult... Claiming COB is black metal is an extraordinary claim and that demands emphazised explanation. And saying Death metal derived from Black metal won't do, even tho the instruments are the same, an inexperienced person might not notice a difference and it might at times sound the same... like the chicken thing. That doesn't exactly mean it's BM, like a chicken sharing all those similar aspects to the egg doesn't exactly mean it's the same thing.

you know you never said it was a chicken egg. it might be a snake egg. that is a whole different ball game.

it's really not such an extraordinary claim. i've left plenty of emphasized explanation in only a few threads. wikipedia said that death metal is derived from black metal. i figured if you didn't listen to me maybe you would listen to the logical assumptions of wikipedia. an inexperienced person might say Children of Bodom sounds like The Beach Boys.

this poll is fundamentally flawed- there really only exist two options that have been divided into four options. either it is black metal or something developed from black metal or it is power metal which is something else entirely.

I could spend a lengthy amount of time redividing metal genre and subgenre based on the tone quality of each guitar. For example: power metal sounds like a stratocaster. anything that doesn't have a tone like a stratocaster is black or a subcategory thereof. I opted not to do that because prior to the 80s there were not a lot of options on the guitar market- you played strat if you played rock. Therefore such a division would inevitably make it seem as if black metal has no basis in previous metal and only exists as an extension of new instruments. then death metal would follow black metal when people bought the shitty cheap guitars with the shitty tone.

Well COB have pop keyboards in their music so maybe they're actually pop music with death metal guitars and vocals but they're actually pop, Eurodance or whatever the fuck it is.

Well COB have pop keyboards in their music so maybe they're actually pop music with death metal guitars and vocals but they're actually pop, Eurodance or whatever the fuck it is.

Slipknot has keyboard AND turntable. Would you call that pop?

It's not Eurodance. Sure, you can logic your way into putting it in the pop category, but eurodance it is not.

I don't know what Eurodance is so maybe I used wrong term, but I don't see pop as a musical direction, more like an implication on the mainstream music taste.

We agree there.
I have a very broad umbrella for what is pop. All rock is pop. All country is also pop. Rap is pop. Hip hop is pop. Dance music is pop. Pretty much anything that doesn't count as classical or art or native is pop.

classical training will do that to you

Guys, help me please. Somebody was posting an old Everytime I Die live video one or two weeks ago which I liked very much but I can't find the youtube link! In whihc thread was it?!? The guy (or girl) was totally obsessed from Alexis voice. If I remeber right, Alexi said the word "die" so cool or something...

I'll get right on that just as soon as I finish this 'Drink those two warm beers Margie is hiding in her room' last request.

I remember someone went on and on about this one because it says genre: melodic death metal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8VnZ_WLIQ4&feature=fvst[/ame]

I remember I replied with this one gushing stupid like the other girl (yah, it is just the regular vid)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZpqgeiGFQ&feature=fvst[/ame]