What's metalcore?

I´m not sure if Lamb of God should be labeld metalcore, but I hear weak echos of it in their songs.

When I think of metalcore I think Killswitch Engage or American Head Charge.

I kinda dig Lamb Of God, and Shadows Fall isn't too bad either... If grind core is the same shit as metal core, what's a point in the different name? Napalm Death and Carcass rule, are they metal core too?

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
I kinda dig Lamb Of God, and Shadows Fall isn't too bad either... If grind core is the same shit as metal core, what's a point in the different name? Napalm Death and Carcass rule, are they metal core too?

Carcass and Napalm Death are Death Metal with mix of Grindcore, Depending on which album of thiers you are listening to.

Metalcore is more like As I lay Dying, Unearth, Killswitch Engage... basically turn on Headbangers Ball its about all they play these days. I really can't stand it

I am confused by this stuff too. Mostly because it all sounds remarkably the same to me. Maybe I am old or something. Where does a band like A7F fall? All this lingo kinda makes my head hurt..... " they are sort of grindcore with a hint of gore and metal...." huh? I like to kind of make it simple in my head.... There is metal with a singer or metal with a screamer/grunter.......

ThraxEm said:
. Where does a band like A7F fall? There is metal with a singer or metal with a screamer/grunter.......

Avenged Sevenfold can squeeze right in with all the other Metal core bands.

You won't hear much "Singing" on a grindcore or death metal album. There is a big difference between Avenged Sevenfold and Napalm Death

CHIMAIRA
LAMB OG GOD
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
UNEARTH
ALL THAT REMAINS

These are the only new bands that have come out that are worth listening to.
all the others have copied their sound. call it what you will but to me the above bands kick ass. im sure some of you guys agree.

ThraxEm said:
I am confused by this stuff too. Mostly because it all sounds remarkably the same to me. Maybe I am old or something. Where does a band like A7F fall? All this lingo kinda makes my head hurt..... " they are sort of grindcore with a hint of gore and metal...." huh? I like to kind of make it simple in my head.... There is metal with a singer or metal with a screamer/grunter.......

I'm old too. I don't even know what nu metal is. I gave up trying to figure this stuff out after I asked about stoner metal, etc. Everyone was very helpful in explaining it but I just can't keep them straight. So now I have two categories: me likey and me no likey.

among_the_dead said:
CHIMAIRA
LAMB OG GOD
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
UNEARTH
ALL THAT REMAINS

These are the only new bands that have come out that are worth listening to.
all the others have copied their sound. call it what you will but to me the above bands kick ass. im sure some of you guys agree.
Absolutely, but I would also add Shadows Fall & Beyond The Embrace to that list. Those two are amazing.

eighteeschick said:
I'm old too. I don't even know what nu metal is. I gave up trying to figure this stuff out after I asked about stoner metal, etc.

That is the easiest one.

Korn
Staind
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Trapt
Papa Roach

ThraxEm said:
...Maybe I am old or something...
You can say it again:) And I know the feeling.
I approximately got the idea... Metalcore bands are mostly death metal and grindcore wannabees, but not "unhappy" enough...
To some person who only listened to let's say Dio or Helloween, or some other band with beautiful singing any Bush period song may seem as a metal core song. I mean, not any but quite a few... So there is no I guess clear criterium.

I'm confused but there were 70 thousand descriptions of metal back in the day so what's new.

80s chik hit the nail on the head I like or I no like - to each there own

now should we all talk shit j\k

remember the old days Black,Glam,Hair,Death,Speed,Thrash,Street,Doom,etc... :Spin: All different types of metal.
But back then hardly anyone used the term Heavy Metal. :cool:
Well maybe I'm wrong!! : :loco: