What's the catch?

md976

Renegade of consternation
May 31, 2008
Serbia
What's the catch? Why would someone like Damian offer his records for free? He is very well known and respected singer. Could someone explain me, please!

There is no catch.

The reason I have done this is because I want the albums to be heard.

It is the most honest and genuine music that I have produced.
Not recorded to make money - It was recorded and written because I felt the need to express myself.
Yet the energy and effort put into it isn’t justified by letting it just sit on the shelf.
That is why I have made the opportunity for people to listen to it and if they appreciate what I have done, then there is the facility to donate.
It's music I am passionate about.

www.damian-wilson.com

Thanks for the answer, Damian! Your music is beautiful, there's no question about that. But, you know, it's a real shame. So called stars (specially those from MTV) sell their so called music in million of copies and have enormous media support, and this kind of music is offered for free.

It is offered for free but if people appreciate it there is the opportunity to donate.
It is an amazing machine, the internet.
I feel it is the dream for any artist to reach all the corners of the globe and the web makes this possible in a second.
We should really embrace it and I for one have been very bad at that.
Music and singing to me is all about connection and there has been no better tool in the history of mankind for bringing minds together than the web.

www.damian-wilson.com

Yes, internet deffinitely is amazing, but in the poor countries like my is, most of the people don't have opportunity
for fast internet connection or internet at all, so the only two ways to hear something new is TV and radio.
And they hardly can hear your music or Threshold. That's what i meant when i mentioned media support.
For the first time i heard your brilliant voice in 2003, thanks to one friend of mine who gave me Electric Castle cd.
Then i heard for the first time and Ayreon, also.
Anyway, i must say that your music reminds me a lot on music from 60's which i like very much.
And because this is Threshold forum, i must express my wish and hope that you will stay in Threshold for good.

So, does it mean that we're going to hear your voice on a new Threshold record? That's great!!!!! By the way, do you know anything about possible new live cd and DVD?

@BTDM: I already downloaded everything ;)

Anyway, I know the feeling when you want to reach everybody, no matter the cost: my band's debut ep has been entitled "not for money, just for glory", ahah! :lol:

I already own all of those albums and everything else Damian has been on (I blame Arjen for this wholeheartedly) :cool:

Though I think it's pretty cool that he's offering them free for a time to give others a chance to be blown away :headbang:

And I've posted about it on the various forums and the Livejournal community dedicated to him when I heard the news earlier this week ;)

This is great!!!

Thank you very much!

How long will the option to donate be available?

Right now I don't much £££, but I will gladly donate later. Please let me know if this option will stay because if it doesn't I'll donate at least a little now.

And again, thank you!

- Daniel :headbang: .

Thank you, Damian. Those songs are really amazing! I am glad that there are so many ways of doing good music, and you did it! :headbang:

Greetings, Dana

That’s very kind of you Daniel but you mustn’t feel you can’t download without donating.

The option will be available for as long as the site is up. All donations are greatly appreciated, however small and I will personally email everyone who clicks on that button.

Thank you for downloading - please help continue to spread the word :)

damian-wilson.com