What's the catch?

This is what I'm going to do: I'm going to download the albums and if I like them (I doubt that I won't like music by DW) I will then buy the CDs because I like having my music on CD as opposed to faceless downloads.

That’s very kind of you Daniel but you mustn’t feel you can’t download without donating.

The option will be available for as long as the site is up. All donations are greatly appreciated, however small and I will personally email everyone who clicks on that button.

Thank you for downloading - please help continue to spread the word :)

damian-wilson.com

I know, I already downloaded everything and still haven't donated anything :p . No but really, I want to donate, I've always supported artists I like, and to be honest I believe you deserve the money, so I'll definitely donate. I'll be more than a happy to do so :) .

It seems that there is a problem with Let's Start A Commune WAV file. I wasn't able to unzip Commune song, it was reported that file is corrupted, also there is no Spin song. I downloaded then mp3, and there everything is OK. Anyway, there is so much emotions in this music, it makes you feel better. I wish i was rich, then i would be able to donate 1.000.000 $. These songs really worth that much.

^ Agreed! :kickass:

I didn't download WAV files so I don't know about that, but I had trouble downloading tow of the albums (one Cosmas, I don't remember the other). I downloaded it, but the computer just couldn't decompress the file. After 30 min. I gave up, downloaded it (Cosmas) again and everything was fine :). But I did experienced some problems with that too.

Damian, I also just wanted to thank you for giving us the possibility to download your songs for free. There really should be more artists like you whose primariliy goal is to produce music to be heard and not to just make money (although of course everyone needs to earn money).

Greetings!
Miriam

I've just checked the download site and the countries people are downloading from is amazing.

Every pressing plant... I mean corner of the world seems to be covered from Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Colombia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Russia, Mexico, Hungary, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, Austria, Bulgaria, Norway, Poland, Finland, Canada, Belgium, Denmark, France, Portugal, Slovakia and the United States

A lot of these places would be very hard to reach with CD sales and the majority of downloads are "unknown" country - which I can only dream is the rest of the world :)

Thank you guys for spreading the word.

I've just checked the download site and the countries people are downloading from is amazing.

Every pressing plant... I mean corner of the world seems to be covered from Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Colombia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Russia, Mexico, Hungary, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, Austria, Bulgaria, Norway, Poland, Finland, Canada, Belgium, Denmark, France, Portugal, Slovakia and the United States

A lot of these places would be very hard to reach with CD sales and the majority of downloads are "unknown" country - which I can only dream is the rest of the world :)

I'm glad you're happy, I have posted the links on two forums here and on the Metalicos.com forum, hopefully some other CRns besides me will download it (and donate :p ).

And Serbia, of course!!!

Damian, this stupid server is down again ... you should maybe host it in another file hosting server (Rapidshare, Sendspace, Megaupload, etc)

The server is up again and will go down at present on a daily basis for as long as the demand is over 270 GB. Morning is the best time to download by the evening it has reached the limit. I will look into your suggestions but I expect it will plateau out as the demand becomes less and this will no longer be an issue.

damian-wilson.com

I have consistently been unable to download the Commune WAV version - or rather, it downloads, but won't then expand. I've tried two different operating systems on two different internet connections in two different countries. Is the source file actually corrupt on the server, or do the Gods simply not want me to have this album...?