What's the last CD you listened to?

I've heard various not so good things about it, but I like it so far. what i need now is Boris' new full-length, Pink. WHY THE FUCK DO JAP IMPORTS HAVE TO BE SO EXPENSIVE!?#?!21

Dev said:
00029063.jpg

:worship: and then :worship:

Demilich said:
I've heard various not so good things about it, but I like it so far. what i need now is Boris' new full-length, Pink. WHY THE FUCK DO JAP IMPORTS HAVE TO BE SO EXPENSIVE!?#?!21

yea its fucking rediculously expensive right now. Sun Baked Snow cave is pretty cool, I like it better than the megatone CD that they did together.

In the woods... Omnio
Unholy - rapture (This album is the definition of dirge, so gloomy and slow!.....greatness)

speaking of which @maren have you given any of the cd-r's a listen? :dopey:

Thanatopsis123 said:
Frostmoon Eclipse - Death Is Coming
The bass is so good on this release. So upfront, just like i like it. Almost reminds me morningrise :Spin: Bass in the black tide is :Shedevil:

Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Hypocrisy - Virus
Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Raison D'Être - The Empty Hollow Unfolds
Tool - Lateralus

spikes77 said:
The bass is so good on this release. So upfront, just like i like it. Almost reminds me morningrise :Spin: Bass in the black tide is :Shedevil:
while i'm not going to start another Morningrise battle, i will say that while yes, the bass is definitely heard, the tone is shite. there's no bottom end! cutting through with mids is fine (it's what i do) but i always make sure to have a BIG BOTTOM as well to get the room shaking.

oh, and:

482698.jpg
419663.jpg

once I was NAD said:
while i'm not going to start another Morningrise battle, i will say that while yes, the bass is definitely heard, the tone is shite. there's no bottom end! cutting through with mids is fine (it's what i do) but i always make sure to have a BIG BOTTOM as well to get the room shaking.

oh, and:

482698.jpg
419663.jpg

You bought Times of Grace not too long ago correct? How do you like it compared to ASTNS?

Sadguru said:
You bought Times of Grace not too long ago correct? How do you like it compared to ASTNS?
i picked up Times of Grace and A Sun That Never Sets at the same time, a few weeks ago. right now i'm absolutely smitten by ASTNS, and haven't gotten my head around ToG yet, but i've listened to it a few times. it's like Through Silver in Blood, but better.

i know it needs more listens, but then again ASTNS was pretty instant for me. since the first listen it's only gotten better but i loved it right away.

once I was NAD said:
i picked up Times of Grace and A Sun That Never Sets at the same time, a few weeks ago. right now i'm absolutely smitten by ASTNS, and haven't gotten my head around ToG yet, but i've listened to it a few times. it's like Through Silver in Blood, but better.

i know it needs more listens, but then again ASTNS was pretty instant for me. since the first listen it's only gotten better but i loved it right away.
Cool :)

i think i prefer Neurosis last two offerings the best because of the vocals. i don't know if it's the other dude singing or what, but that harsh crooning thing really pulls the whole band together.

once I was NAD said:
i think i prefer Neurosis last two offerings the best because of the vocals. i don't know if it's the other dude singing or what, but that harsh crooning thing really pulls the whole band together.

That's the thing with Neurosis. Scott Kelly and Steve Von Till have freaking similar vocal cords, you can hardly tell which one is singing. And I agree with you, the harsh vocals definitely pulls the thing together. I read in an interview that the guys (Kelly and Till) didn't feel confident enough to do that kind of singing until A Sun That Never Sets.