what's the meaning of these words?

I think conwebs is a mis-spelling of cobwebs. From what I can remember Mike sings "cobwebs", although I haven't listened to MAYH for a while. The Opeth inlays are full of spelling/typing mistakes.

As for The Amen Corner... you might find someone who has a translation of the whole album that might explain it. There was one posted a few months ago. Try asking around, or starting a new thread with it in the title or something. :D

My inetrpretation of what the Amen Corner, might be..possibly a place where some resides, to pray, or talk to what their conception of what "God" might be..I dunno, I guess thats taking it too literal.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
My inetrpretation of what the Amen Corner, might be..possibly a place where some resides, to pray, or talk to what their conception of what "God" might be..I dunno, I guess thats taking it too literal.

I don't know, people seem to think that MAYH is a bit supernatural, like the narrator is an angel or something. It could be that.

I never understood what The Amen Corner meant either, besides a vague notion like what was posted above.

Originally posted by Demonspell
I remember reading about an obscure psychedelic-era band called Amen Corner, knowing Mikael this may not be a coincidence...

Yeah, Mike does have a habit of borrowing names, but I imagine he pulled that title for that song for a reason, It seems too unlike Mike to just throw words together for no reason.

i think the amen corner is about the ghost watching the woman praying. it kinda shows akerfeltdt's feelings on religion portrayed through the spirit, the line "Finding solace in the words I do despise" perfectly shows what i'm talking about. i don't know, the song kinda gives way into the ghost manifesting itself, its kinda a hard song to analyze lyrically.

Amaranth-INE means sort of 'endless' or 'timeless' or something similar. Amaranth is a kind of flower, I think.

I also came up with a joke theory that 'Godhead' is the narrator's name, and it's him who is lamenting. :D

The Amen Corner is an old, obscure progband. A lot of Opeth album and song names are from other bands: Orchid (Black Sabbath song), Morningrise (a record by some progband I think), My Arms, Your Hearse (a song or record by some progband), Still Life (Iron Maiden song), Blackwater Park (german prog/rock band).

The title "My Arms, Your Hearse" was taken from a band called "Comus". It´s a part of a lyric line in one of their songs.

The entire line is: "As I carry you to your grave, my arms, your hearse."

That´s what he said about it in an interview:
"It’s become to be one of my absolute favorite records of all time. That’s so fucked up. The lyrics are just so fucking evil. It seems like a folk band but raping and stuff and just cracking people, peeling flesh and all that kind of shit.
[...]
I still read those lyrics and I’m in fucking awe. I kind of ripped, basically I ripped every line from there. Especially in My Arms Your Hearse."

P.S.: The album Mikael was talking about is their first release "First Utterance" if somebody wants to know that...