Whats the most depressing song you've ever heard?

There are quite a few to name. But I think if I had to say what sounds the most depressing to me, it would be Evereve's "Stormbirds" album. More the beautiful depressing than the angry depressing.

probably anything from Bethlehem's Sardonischer... album. Definitely the most depressing album ever. Also Intermezzo by Nightingale is damned depressing. Also a song I wrote is damned depressing too, but thats just because it's personal so I'm biased.

Wow... we've got a great load of possibilities to choose from...

Some of my choices include:

Lovelorn Rhapsody - Anathema
Brave - Katatonia
It's A Miracle - Roger Waters
In Your Room - Depeche Mode
Your River - My Dying Bride

Some old Nirvana tunes like "Paper Cuts' are depressing, but the more oppresive, detached, bizzare type...

Oh, how could I forget?

The Journey's End - Nightingale

Swano's the man!

Not so easy.

Katatonia - Day, Rainroom
Radiohead - Exit music (for a film), Climbing up the walls
Raison D'Etre - Inner Depths of Sadness
Any song from Soft Black Stars by Current 93

Couple days ago I also heard a song by a finnish band called Maryland, and I think I've never heard anything so depressing. Hope they got the band in my record store :)

I've got a few:

Candlemass - Mourner's Lament or Solitude
Unholy - Anything from the last album
SWANS - Most stuff
Type O - Suspended In Dusk
Beyond Dawn - Teardance
Radiohead - Exit Music
Coil - Tainted Love
Muse - Unintended

The list could go on...

Lee B

Candlemass are quite depressing. Black Sabbeth the song is also pretty depressing.

Someone said Paper Cuts by Nirvana. I reckon Big Long Now by `em too is as well. :D

Fade To Black - Metallica

It is depressing in it's own way, but for me it always reminds me of a friend who died 15 years ago. I still get teary when I hear it and I've been known to actually cry while trying to sing along with it when they play it live.

To say a definite most depressing would be a bit tough, and lots of the real sad ones are already out there. I think special mention should go to Neil Young's 'needle and the damage done'
pretty damn emotional in just over 2 minutes.