What's the most embarrassing CD in your collecion?

IanDork107

I wrote a book! Buy it!
Sep 9, 2002
Not here.
I saw this in the Symphony X board, figured it would be good for a laugh. The most embarrassing for me is all the Nu Metal shit I listened to when i was like 13 or so. The most embarrassing thing that I still like is prolly some cheesy ass Power Metal like Lost Horizon or Rhapsody.

You call that embarrassing?? Here's some of my "embarrassing" CD's:

- A-HA - Hunting High And Low (the first CD I ever bought)
- SLIPKNOT - Slipknot
- All KORN CD's (except the new one)
- GARBAGE - Garbage (pretty good disc!)
- PET SHOP BOYS - Please
- PET SHOP BOYS - Disco
- PET SHOP BOYS - Introspective (some youth sentiment)
- Some CD-R with some 2001 disco/pop/club hits.

I also own 3 Madonna LP's, a Kim Wilde LP and a A-ha LP.

Originally posted by IanDork107
The most embarrassing thing that I still like is prolly some cheesy ass Power Metal like Lost Horizon

Please explain how Lost Horizon are cheesy, without making it obvious that you've completely missed the point with that band?

Please explain how Lost Horizon are cheesy, without making it obvious that you've completely missed the point with that band?

Don't take it the wrong way, I like em a lot, and i get that they're going for that "Metal Warrior" image. I just think its like a childs fantasy, to pretent to be a warrior. I think it's quite cheesy for a grown man to sing operatically while dressed as a "warrior," especially because this is the year 2002 and there really arent any warriors anymore. I guess IMO, fantasy is cheesy, and thats why I consider almost all power metal cheesy. But it's not bad, I'm not putting it down, but I can't ever bring myself to take it seriously.

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish blah blah
Powerman 5000 - Tonight The Stars Revolt!
Tool - Lateralus

LB: When I was into nu-metal crap.
Powerman: Same thing I guess, although I listen to that album sometimes.
Tool: Bought it, listened to it for about a week.

I'll raise you Oasis, Smashmouth, Third Eye Blind, 3 Bend Folds Five cds, and President of the United States of America. (I don't know if this counts though, be cause technically I gave all but the Ben Folds stuff to my sis).

~Kovenant

Rhapsody - Dawn of victory
Metallica - Load/Reload

I think i saw Lost Horizon on the 2000 decibel festival...yeah those 40 seconds whilst waiting for the car to arrive. Talked to them on the autograph thingy though, nice guys, but i didn't know who they were at the time :lol:

I also saw some of the Dream Evil set...they crack me up.

My most embarassing would be Brian Austin Green's "One Stop Carnival" .. he was the white rapper dude from Beverly Hills 90210.. I bought it as a gag gift for someone else, but somehow it ended up in my collection. It's truly hilarious, and bad.

yea whats wrong with a-ha?.... A-HA RULES!!!!!!! :D

i have a bunch of cds that i guess im embarased to own. like a bunch of 2 unlimited cds (2 unlimited forever!) and presidents of the united states of america cd. i cant think of any else right now but i know i have more.

I think I've got most of that beaten.

Anyone here remember a british band called Take That?
When I was about 10 or 11, I bought all their CD's, and it was pretty much all I listened too, but basically it's your typical boy band.....as soon as I discovered metal about a year later, I pretty much wanted to rid my memory of that stuff.

embarassing metal CD's would probably be

Theatre of tragedy - Musique
Sepultura - Against
Testament - The very best of (not very good choices for your best fellas)

Why should I be embarassed about CDs in my collection? If you mean CDs of which I "grew out": A Blink182 album, Offspring's Americana (though I think if I ever feel the strange urge to listen to punkpop, this will be the right album), and a cd by the Bloodhoundgang. I also have 3 Marilyn Manson albums, but on rare occasions (well, VERY rare occasions :)) I still pull them out for a listen.
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot Halford's Resurrection, I don't know what had come over me when I bought that one :D

Originally posted by IanDork107
Don't take it the wrong way, I like em a lot, and i get that they're going for that "Metal Warrior" image. I just think its like a childs fantasy, to pretent to be a warrior. I think it's quite cheesy for a grown man to sing operatically while dressed as a "warrior," especially because this is the year 2002 and there really arent any warriors anymore. I guess IMO, fantasy is cheesy, and thats why I consider almost all power metal cheesy. But it's not bad, I'm not putting it down, but I can't ever bring myself to take it seriously.

1- Lost Horizon's songs are not about fantasy and the band is not a 'fantasy' band.

2- While I think the outfits and pseudonyms are awful, there is a point and reason for them that ties in with the concept of the album. There's a difference to me between cheese and simply a bad idea.