What's the most embarrassing CD in your collecion?

Tool - Lateralus
Tool: Bought it, listened to it for about a week.
You think we are a bunch of close minded idiots who think Tool is shit because they are mainstream? Tool is an absolutely incredible band, I can't believe you are EMBARRASSED by this CD. I can see how you may not appreciate it (low brain capacity can't be helped) but that you are embarrassed by it shows you are just trying to be a cool Sindustry death metal d00d. By the way, that Sindustry CD fucking SUCKS!

Either Alanis Morissette "Jagged Little Pill" or The Goo Goo Dolls "Dizzy Up The Girl" ... hhmmm I think I'll give em' a listen ...

John Coltrane - Blue Train
Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-E
Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool
Peter Gabriel - 1
Peter Gabriel - 2
Peter Gabriel - 3
Peter Gabriel - Security
Peter Gabriel - So
Peter Gabriel - Passion
Genesis - Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Gentle Giant - Octopus
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic
King Crimson - Red
Kamalesh Maitra - Tabla Tarang
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Loreena McKennitt - The Visit
John McLaughlin - The Promise
Ustad Alla Rakha & Zakir Hussain - Tabla Duet
Tenacious D - s/t
Weather Report - 8:30
Yes - Relayer

Coltrane and Tenacios D are a bit odd, but I think most all of the others are pretty much at home in a metalheads collection. Loreena McKennitt is pretty fucking awesome, so is Massive Attack.

dude Smekkermann, I just had to say this when I read ur post, you have an AWESOME taste is music, I own every single one of those CDs..fucking the Mahavishnu Orchestra/John Mclaughlin are INCREDIBLE, huge influence on me. Also man, Im sure you have Shakti by Mclaughlin too, incredible album, with HUGE indian influences. King Crimson, early Genesis, and Gentle Giant? All AWESOME 70s prog bands dude...and Relayer by Yes, is one of my all time favorite albums. Coltrane and Miles are great too, hahah I dont post here much at all anymore, but I peeped this thread and saw ur list, and HAD to say something. Pleasant suprise people stilla ppreciate awesome music out there.

-Thorns (posting on special circumstance only :p)

Aside from Kamalesh Maitra, I've heard of everything you've listed. Haven't heard it all, so I can't say whether or not it is really metal-ish. I'm fascinated by the Indian culture though, I'm currently reading a book by an Indian writer that sort of contrasts Indian folklore and culture of old and today's culture. It's highly fascinating. Where would be a good place, in your opinion Smekermann, to start in Indian music?

I'm only embarrassed about ONE CD I have bought, and that is Mortiis - Stargate or whatever it's called. I'm embarrassed about buying it only because I bought it based on a review. No, I don't like the album, it's so bad that it's funny. :)

Other than that, I'm not embarrassed about anything I have, because I like them all, no matter how "weird" or "nonmetal" they be.

That would be badass if you'd send it, thankfully I've got a cable modem so it won't go too slow. My AIM SN is the same as on here, IanDork107. I'm usually on all the damn time, message me sometime if you would. I'd like to hear it.

tenacious d!
haha

im not embarrassed by anything in my collection... some people look at my radiohead, santana, and eagles cds and go "err.. didn't think you'd be into that.. with all your hardcore tr00 killing babies raping christians shit"

although im dating a christian and it was an interesting situation the first time she spotted my behemeth - satanica and the black - priest of satan cds...

oh yeah.. and tool - lateralus is a masterpiece.

Originally posted by Morningrise
You think we are a bunch of close minded idiots who think Tool is shit because they are mainstream? Tool is an absolutely incredible band, I can't believe you are EMBARRASSED by this CD. I can see how you may not appreciate it (low brain capacity can't be helped) but that you are embarrassed by it shows you are just trying to be a cool Sindustry death metal d00d. By the way, that Sindustry CD fucking SUCKS!

You took the words straight out of my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have nothing embarassing in my collection!

and expecially tool!

they are my favourite group and i have all their cds and the dvd

also for alanis morrisette i have all their cds and i think she is my favourite female artist(together with diamanda galas and suzanne vega)

i am only a little embarassed of the 2 lil' kim
albums
HARDCORE and NOTORIOUS K.I.M.

but i like 'em

i am also a big hip hop fan(old stuffs and hardcore rap not r'n'b shit)

this is my confession

can i have your forgiveness ...father!

:lol:

deicide - once upon the cross

...because of the cover and the artwork inside the booklet

Originally posted by the_joy_of_grief
Kinky - s/t

Some band from Mexico. I heard this one song and thought it was really cool, so I thought I'd give it a try and buy the album. Unfortunately, the album sucks. And now I'm embarresd to own it. :oops:

@ Joy of grief: Also doch n Fehlgriff !

Well, i've got a few old dance/trance singles which i hide in the back of my CD shelf :D