What's the most embarrassing CD in your collecion?

Originally posted by OneFootBlaster
I dont have any cd's that I am not proud to have in my collection. Musical snobbery and elitism is not tolerated!!!
I couldn't agree with you more! Why should I be embarressed of my taste. Should I be embarressed that I like some of the Corrs songs? Should I be embarressed that I like Lee Hazlewood? Should I be embarressed that I like Emperor? Should I be embarressed that I like Level 42's song "Running in the family"? Should I be embarressed that I like Sade's three albums from the 80's? Should I be embarressed that I like Funkadelic? and so on and so on...
We discussed this before somewhere (probably the "General music discussion" forum) and as I said then there's nothing to be ashamed of. Some music may not seem cool with some people, but the music that group of people think is cool may not seem cool for another group of people. If all I cared about was being cool and the "right people" should see me as cool I wouldn't have my own personal taste. I would have a collection consisting of Massive Attack, Lamb, Portishead and so on. Now that's not "cool" enough anymore. Now you gotta listen to something called "naked music" (house music of some kind).
If I like some music I like it and there's nothing to say about that. It's not up to me to decide how I feel.
But anyway, if I were to list anything that doesn't really fit into a metal heads collection I could just post more or less my entire record collection, as I have 1124 records at the moment and only 80-100 of those are metal (or "soft metal" like Skid Row and Guns N' Roses). I more or less listen to any kind of music, I don't care what genre it is or if it's "cool" or not. Should I be embarrassed that I like something that you don't like? Should you in return be embarrassed that you like something that I don't like? No! Then we would all own embarrasing stuff as everybody got different taste and there will always be someone who don't like the stuff you do! I could just as well be embarrassed for thinking Tyra Banks is the goddamn hottest chick on the planet! Or that I like beef and potatoes for that matter. I could go on forever, but I'll spare you!
The stuff I have that could most easily fall into the "embarrassing" category is:
The Corrs "Forgiven, not forgotten" (bought it for "Toss the feathers" and discovered that "Closer" also is nice!)
Proclaimers "Sunshine on Leith" (with "500 miles", that "And I'm gonna walk 500 miles and I'm gonna walk 500 more. Da da da, da da da....". Only heard it once though. Bought it mostly for fun.)
King "Steps in time" (bought it for "Love and pride")
"Chess soundtrack" (bought it for "One night in Bangcok")
Crowded House "Don't dream it's over" single (superb track!)
Madness "Our house" 12"
Donna Summer "Hot stuff" single (I usually refered to this as disco classic no. 1, but have grown a little tired of it. I have a fair amount of other disco records too; Diana Ross, Sister Sledge, Earth, Wind & Fire and so on.)
And I guess there's more. As I said I like more or less any kind of music that existed before the 80's. Name a genre that existed then and I can more or less promise it will be in my collection (except for punk (I have some Hellacopters though) and gregorian chants). I would the most embarrassing person here!

What the hell is wrong with Tool. I know this has been said but, god - tool embaressing!? :rolleyes:

And Thornie, what the FUCK are you doing? :err: What happened to that life, man :p :)

I think the one of the only things to be embarrassed about when listening to a band is if that band is making the music they make for the wrong reasons. Linkin Park, for example, more than likley don't love the music they make, but instead put out generic pop metal music for the wanna be jilted generation of mindless fucks.

Most embarassing? I have quite a few...

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
No Innocent Victim - Tip the Scales (ny hxc, actually thats not bad compared to other cds i have)
MXPX - Teenage Politics

For a second there I was gonna put down my oasis, then i realized oasis is so fun to listen to, even though they are simple as heck.

Then I was going to list my stryper cds and i realized

STYPER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! \m/

Originally posted by Board
I couldn't agree with you more! Why should I be embarressed of my taste. I would the most embarrassing person here!

Thanks alot for your post- I'm glad someone agrees that variety in music is important. I mean, I listen to Prince, The Tubes, Missing Persons, etc.. There is so much good shit out there. Like Cadaver Inc.- I can go from that to Stevie Wonder in a flash. Its just good music, no matter what these elitist dorks on here say....
I could care less what they or any music-nazi on a some messageboard thinks. I tend to find some sort of reedeeming quality in most recorded music. Basically- I just like music- some styles more than others. Sade is amazing BTW... :)

Originally posted by OneFootBlaster
Thanks alot for your post- I'm glad someone agrees that variety in music is important. I mean, I listen to Prince, The Tubes, Missing Persons, etc.. There is so much good shit out there. Like Cadaver Inc.- I can go from that to Stevie Wonder in a flash. Its just good music, no matter what these elitist dorks on here say....
I could care less what they or any music-nazi on a some messageboard thinks. I tend to find some sort of reedeeming quality in most recorded music. Basically- I just like music- some styles more than others. Sade is amazing BTW... :)

Liking diverse music isn't embarrassing at all, thats for sure. Liking generic tired crap is what I would consider embarrassing, but none of what you listed fits that category.

Well it is YOUR opinion, but I think people are recoiling at the fact that I listed the Linkin Park cd. Ok, just let me say that I absolutely despise the rapping in it.. I just like some of the vocal melodies. And some of the riffs, albeit simplistic are quite catchy. I mean, c'mon 15 million people bought that shit! ANY musician here would have to agree with me that they would LOVE to be in their position. To be making truckloads of cash for writing music you love and believe in. Thats the dream man. Anyway, thats a whole 'nother thread obviously... Being a drummer, I do like some rap (mainly percussive stuff like OLD Public Enemy) but the weakassed rapping in Linkin Park is pretty lame.

Wow, ICP is the lowest form of white trash ever. Their "music" makes me want to vomit. Glad to hear you berid yourself of that slimy asshole.

Originally posted by Punisher
it's an old punk rock/thrash band... on boot to head records..... worst band ever..

lol...my mistake, theres a crappy black metal band called the chasm...I'm not too fond of them, but I didn't see how it would be embarrassing.

I also agree that no one should be emberrased of what they like...for im not. As for tool...i have heard all their material from friends, and i beleive that they are overated at least a bit...good, but nothing blew me away. I highly reccomend the likes of king crimson and early jethro tull for those who like darker prog-rock.

Originally posted by LordHypnos
As for tool...i have heard all their material from friends, and i beleive that they are overated at least a bit...good, but nothing blew me away. I highly reccomend the likes of king crimson and early jethro tull for those who like darker prog-rock.

bullshits!

what is darker prog rock?

however king crimson are not dark nor jethro tull.

if you want dark in prog you choose MAGAM or UNIVERSE ZERO maybe.

:Smug: