What's the most embarrassing CD in your collecion?

Originally posted by Hearse
What a relief... I though you gonna say Thales demo.. :lol:
Darn I forgot that....:D

Seriously...hmm...I don't think I have anything embarrassing, maybe four Marilyn Manson CD's and two The 69 Eyes CD's...that would be it..

Ditto what ~Z~ said.... I [/i]did[/i] have a few embarrising CD's in my collection, but they all got chucked around the start of the year. The worst of those that comes to mind is Korns' 'Follow The Leader' though I'd miraculously lost the non-bonus CD within weeks of buying the CD and had a more or less empty CD case sitting around for close to a year..... perhaps it was a sign? :rolleyes:

The most embarassing Album I ever owned it Britney Spears - Baby One More Time :D So glad I gave it to a bitch from my class once I recognized what a bullshit it is :) But that's long ago...
The most embarassing Album in my up to now tiny Metal-collection is Rammstein - Mutter (someone here know them?), but I still sometimes listen to it.

You can't bust Tools chops too much, at least not if your an Opeth fan... When asked what mainstream artist Mikael Akerfeldt would most like to tour with... drum roll please... he said, "Tool".

I used to be into Tool and would hardly be embarassed to have them in my collection. I mean that's like saying I'm embarassed to have Van Halen, AC/DC or Black Sabbath... come on man... just because it's more mainstream doesn't mean it sucks... In addition, I saw that someone is embarassed to have Dream Theater's Images and Words??? What? Are you on crack... that is a perfect ten in my book as far as progressive rock goes. Please go listen to it again and again, because you either only listened to it a handful of times or you don't have the mental capacity to understand the music.

This is a great post because it's refreshing that I see people liking the same music that I do.

I consider all of these to be keepers:

King Crimson - some great shit! Early stuff to me was the best.
John Mclaughlin (if you get a chance check out John with Al DiMeola and Paco Delucia... they put out a 2 CD's... all acoustic guitar, both are simply fantastic displays of artistry...)
Mike Oldfield - tubular bells - theme to the Exorcist. Should be in every Opeth fan's music library. Awesome!
Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts - One of the first progressive rock/metal albums to ever come out... pretty dark considering it came out in the 70's.
Camel - Mikael Akerfeldt's favorite band and one of mine too... first 3 albums are all very good.
Universe Zero - is hardly rock (no guitar for the most part)... but it sure is progressive. I recommend, Ceux Du Dehors for starters... it's sort of an aquired taste in my opinion. Heresy is one of the darkest albums I have ever heard.
Eloy - Mighty fine atmospheric 70's prog/rock... much better than the commercial prog/rock that was going on at the time. All albums are good... much, much better than most of today's music.
John Lee Hooker - Huge fan of this guy... really fantastic old school blues... for relatively newer stuff...
Robert Cray's, "Some Rainy Morning" - great blues.
I listen to a bit of jazz as well... I like the Dave Brubeck Quartet... good stuff.

Here's a list of the one's I'm embarassed of:

Tier 1 - The one's I'm most embarrased of
Faith Hill - Somehow this ended up in my collection, even though I never bought it.
Enya - she's almost a tier 2...
Madonna
Tiffany - I have this on cassette... I think I actually threw it out... good huh?
Red Hot Chile Peppers - Not that I'm embarrased to have them in my collection... I just think they really suck badly.
Bon Jovi - Sorry but this is total cheese.

Tier 2 - Stuff I have outgrown... not that embarassed about.
I own a shitload of power metal/progressive band cd's... Gamma Ray, Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Blind Guardian, Payne's Gray, Dali's Dilema, Symphony X, Eternity X... plus about 10 more similiar bands, etc...
All of this stuff was at one time good to me... now it's just really too cheesey to listen to anymore on a regular basis.

Tier 3
New Metallica - What the hell happened to these guys?

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~
Darn I forgot that....:D

Seriously...hmm...I don't think I have anything embarrassing, maybe four Marilyn Manson CD's and two The 69 Eyes CD's...that would be it..

What?? The 69 Eyes are AWESOME!!!

Originally posted by Punisher it's an old punk rock/thrash band... on boot to head records..... worst band ever..

The worst band ever is not these chasm people, but Demoniciduth! :lol:

So....
I have all CDs by Suede :)
So I'm embarassed?
Actually Not At ALL!!!!
Even though I started listening to 'em back in 94 when I was about 12 I not embarassed....Back then I also enjoyed metal, even though I haven't heard about bands like Opeth and Katatonia I mostly listened to heavy metal, more like Metallica and Obituary :)
Anyway my point is that even though you're listening to a genre like metal, you can still be open-minded to other genres as well. E.g. I just about love my Jeff Buckley Cds and they're deffinitely NOT metal!.......
:) stay open!

the most embarassing cd in my collection is MC Einar: Den nye stil (a danish rap cd) I liked it back in the 80's but hey I was only a kid!

Wow, ICP is the lowest form of white trash ever. Their "music" makes me want to vomit. Glad to hear you berid yourself of that slimy asshole.

:lol: Yea, me too. His musical taste wasn't the only thing about him that made him a loser. The stupid bastard thought he was Eminem or something. I don't even know why I dated him. He didn't like metal at all...we had nothing in common:rolleyes:

Smekermann,

Relax... everyone has their opinion.

My opinion is as follows:

Kadath Decoded - is total cheese... have you not heard the whinning singing going on? It's totally 80's sounding... really gay to boot... I have the cd and regret the day I bought it. I can't believe all the excellent reviews this band got... it's neither hard rocking nor very technically great... just really, really average stuff... You listen to Opeth and think this is really good?

Symphony X is a bit better in my opinion. I really don't want to badmouth them too much... however, if I wanted to listen to Kansas, I would have bought a Kansas cd. That's what I thought of the last one... and the other cd's by them are all technically great... just played with no emotion... not a bad band but hardly great...

Moving on...

I'm really just past all the progressive metal stuff these days... I much would rather hear progressive 70's rock.

BTW - My only point was that Images and Words is a classic. It came out in 1992!!!!!!!! Let me do the math for you ... that's over 10 years ago... I still think it's an excellent cd... I really haven't seen anyone really push that genre any further (including Dream Theater) and I think that's why I no longer am that interested in that style of music.

Originally posted by Monsterxman
Please go listen to it again and again, because you either only listened to it a handful of times or you don't have the mental capacity to understand the music.

Oh, please shut up you arrogant fuck.

And Ormir: Embaressed by Orchid? I AM SO UPSET NOW BECAUSE THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO ME, I MEAN, REALLY, I CAN'T PUT INTO WORDS WHAT I FEEL FOR THIS ALBUM AND IT BREAKS MY HEART TO HEAR SOEMTHING LIKE THIS. :p :)

Interesti,

Nice. I see you have posted 725 times... I wonder how many of them were like this one.

I don't mind an difference of opinion, provided of course it's somewhat intelligent. Please don't feel the need to respond.
I'd hate to put any pressure on you.

Originally posted by Monsterxman
Interesti,

Nice. I see you have posted 725 times... I wonder how many of them were like this one.

I don't mind an difference of opinion, provided of course it's somewhat intelligent. Please don't feel the need to respond.
I'd hate to put any pressure on you.

Yes I am a dick.

Moving on, yes of course it is allright to like what you like, I am not saying that. But I don't feel that your difference of opinion with the person who felt embaressed by owning this album was raised intelligently by you. By saying "Please go listen to it again and again, because you either only listened to it a handful of times or you don't have the mental capacity to understand the music." it made you come across as arrogant and you are jumping to conclusions about this individual. Just because he/she doesn't like this album, it doesn't mean that they have only listened to it a handful of times, nor does it mean they don't understand the music. You have therefore put this person down unnecessarily by implying that this person doesn't have the mental capacity to accept this music. Maybe your opinion of this album differs with that person, see?

Sorry if I was an idiot because I admit I am one quite often.
:)

No it isn't at all.

[Edit: I have no problem accepting that some people don't like Opeth :confused: ]

Yes, and this is why Opeth fans in general have a bad reputation, or lots do at this board at least, because they blindly refuse to accept that other people prefer other music to Opeth because "people just don't get it".
Oh well...

Whatever. I can't argue with a guy who still likes progressive metal glam bands. Honestly, dude, if those bands work for you... good for you... I really don't care. They really aren't bad bands. I just can't listen to that type of thing anymore. Curious.... how do they compare in your mind to Opeth?

My response.

1.) I agree
2.) I agree
3.) I agree
4.) Progressive Metal are all a bunch of glam bands in my eyes.

I'll guarantee I have more progressive metal cd's in my library than you do. Like I said, I know the stuff... I just don't care for it anymore. I hardly think I made an ass of myself on the "Opeth" forum talking how Opeth is better than a couple Progressive Glam Metal bands. You tell me to stick to what I know... and yet look at where you are posting.... this is the Opeth forum, you dumbass. If you want to talk about Symphony X, why don't you go their forum?

At least we agree on some things... King Crimson is great band... unlike Symphony X and Payne's Gray, which as progressive glam metal bands, are just average at best.

Red is a great album. I like Fallen Angel. Cool lyrics. Great song!I really don't think Red as an album is that dark though...
If you want dark 70's progressive music, dimensionidol is right... seek out Univers Zero... now that's dark. Red is about as dark as some Beatles tunes... whoo... scary... I guess if your into progressive glam metal... it might appear "totally fucking dark"... Lol!

I also own Thrak which is even less darkl!! Well one song is called, "Dinosaur", I can see anyone getting scared with the lyrics to that song... "really fucking dark"... NOT!!! This is hilarius... YOU ARE A TOTAL CLOWN!