What's the most embarrassing CD in your collecion?

Well, I'm not embarrassed by any of my music, I am pretty open-minded and people that know me know that's just the way that I am, but a few things that may be a little odd to find in a metalhead's collection (how you determine the fromage quotient is up to you):

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Beastie Boys - first album
all Stone Temple Pilots albums
lots of Black Crowes albums
3 Cake CDs
lots of Sonic Youth albums
Violent Femmes - grtst hits
2 Dandy Warhols CDs
Replacements - Tim
Poison - grtst hits
Skid Row - s/t
several Nine Inch Nails and KMFDM CDs that I never listen to

Also, lots of punk, more classic rock in addition to what I listed above.

Of the stuff I still listen to, I guess I'd have to say:

Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes

They're not extremely cheesy or anything, but leaning that way. I don't listen to it much anymore, but sometimes. If I had any Rhapsody CD's, I would probably have picked one of them (and would still probably listen to them).

1- Lost Horizon's songs are not about fantasy and the band is not a 'fantasy' band.
2- While I think the outfits and pseudonyms are awful, there is a point and reason for them that ties in with the concept of the album. There's a difference to me between cheese and simply a bad idea.

That's cool man, no hard feelings or anything, I just have my opinion.... I probably don't understand exactly what they're going for because I don't listen to them much, but I like them a lot when I do listen. I think they're one of the best power metal bands around, probably the best, but I think guys singing operatic vocals is nearly always very cheesy. That's just my opinion.

I don't know if these guys count, but I just thought of this...I listen to the Queens Of The Stone Age a lot. Also, the Cure rules, so does KMFDM. I just looked through some of my old nu metal cds that I couldn't sell off....its pretty bad....I have Limp Bizkit, Korn, Tool, The Offspring, Static X....total crap.

I really don't own anything utterly cheesy but there are some cds I don't even touch anymore... take Anthrax's Euphoria (probably their worst one) and Pearl Jam's No Code (at this point they just lost it)... please take them!
That's about it.

James Iha-Let it all Come Down. Im a huge fan of the Smashing Pumpkins and James is the rhythem guitarest. When I saw his CD at a flea makrket for 3 bucks I figured what the hell and bought it even though he has a terrible voice (sounds like Kermit the Frog) Anyways the album sounds like a bad 70's Chritian Rock Cd and every song is about love. I keep it for the comedy.

I did not buy this cd but more less theived it from a friend because of one song...I dont even know what the ablum is called but it is one of Celin Dion cd's. Everything else that I own I love and Im not ashamed of it even if a few ppl I know think its junk :lol:

Originally posted by Scytheman
I have a bunch of pop cd's but I get the ones that would will make you all here laugh the most are Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory and Slipknot - Iowa :)

I have both of these and listen to them more frequently than not.
I dont have any cd's that I am not proud to have in my collection. Musical snobbery and elitism is not tolerated!!!

I happen to be quite fond of musical snobbery. I don't think I'm better than any person that listens to Linkin Park for example, I just think my musical tastes are far superior....:devil:

well I guess, going by what everyone has been saying, my most embarassing albums are my power metal ones... which i'm not embarresed about at all! I mean, who doesn't wanna defend a castle from a dragon every now and then, eh? That's right. Fuck I dunno...

I thought I had it pretty bad with Korn's first 4 cs's and Slipknot's first one but Linkin Park is sorry-ass. The worst one is undoubtedly Limp Bizkit though

I thought I had it pretty bad with Korn's first 4 cs's and Slipknot's first one but Linkin Park is sorry-ass. The worst one is undoubtedly Limp Bizkit though

I have to disagree. Korn and Slipknot are bad, and I had those albums as well, but Linkin Park is so much worse than not only Limp Bizkit, but worse than anything else ever. I'm almost ashamed to listen to Opeth, knowing that someone likes both Opeth and Linkin Park....well, not really, I couldn't ever dislike Opeth, but it still makes me sick.