What's the most embarrassing CD in your collecion?

Originally posted by Smekermann

3. Opeth is NOT THE EPITOME OF MUSIC. They are NOT the best band ever, neither in the songwriting department, nor in the technical chops department. They write really good music, but that doesn't mean they are the best band ever. That apparently is something you fanboys will never understand.

So, I guess this means anyone can use objective measurements to discover which band is indeed the best band in the world, right?

Smekermann,

Your an asshole... plain and simple.... and I am really tired of correcting you. I never said Dinosaur was the heaviest track... I just said look at the Lyrics... which are hardly dark. You stupid ass motherfucker! And of course your not going to go into the KC thing, because you know your wrong... and even if you think your right, it will further prove that you know shit about music... so please don't bother going there. It makes you look like a stupid asshole. I also never said Tubular Bells rocks! I said it was a great recording... which you can dispute all you want... I don't care... because like I said, your a stupid asshole.

Did I mention that your a stupid asshole? Because if I didn''t I think you should know.

The worst cd I ever bought was the 2nd Godsmack album. That thing is just awful. But I gaver that one to my brother so the worst cd that is currently in my collection would be Armored Saints- March of the Saint. I just can't get into it, I find it really boring.

My embarassing stuff is: Stryper, Will smith(- first two solo albums, i plan on getting the new one.), weird al, and finally creed. the first creed album was good, but i am embarassed to have a copy of the second album.

Whatever, I feel compelled to reply to Mosterxman on the issue of Symphony X and other prog metal, being glam metal. Ill try to make my argument from a musical standpoint, while infusing some of my opinion on the matter.

First of all, Id like to state, that I am with you on the fact that I would rather listen to 70s prog than all this prog metal comming out nowdays, and also like to so say I am a fan of Symphony AND alot of glam metal. First off, comparing SymphX to glam metal is so out of left field. The musical differences are enormous, between the two genres. Glam metal, IMO is characterized by arenas, sexually oriented lyrical content, and simple 4/4 meter in the music. Glam metal was image driven, even though the players were all somewhat proficient, and also the exploration of harmony in those groups was limited to the Dorian, and pentatonic tonal systems. If there was any other type of tonal variation it was usally showed in the solo, which was preceeded by the typical verse chorus verse chorus bridge format. The prog metal bands of today such as Symphony X, which IMO take more from 70s stuff, like ELP and YES than ANY other prog band out there now, they explore different song structure, the lyrical content is more taken from power metal than anything (much more fantastical). Also Mike Romeos use of the whole tone scale is something completely new and fresh. The rythm displacement is also far different from Glam Metal, odd times and meters. As fasr as vocals go, ALOT of prog metal bands do have "galm metalesque" vocals, even though its FAR more evident in power metal. The good prog metal bands, POS, SymphX, Ark, DT all have unique and exceptional vocalists. Everyone bashes Labrie, but I was listening to Awake the other day, and his vox were immaculate. Symph X also writes epics, epics in which everything from vocal harmonies, guitar harmonies, keyboards...are all explored in song structure that is COMPLETELY unlike anything the glam metal bands did.

I know alot of people who call DT, and SYX broadway metal, and a bunch of other things. I dunno I just dont see it, I see why someone would think that if they knew nothing about music, but I doubt from reading ur posts that u are that in the dark about music. I will admit, that I rarely listen to prog metal nowadays, but if you are gonna call anything progressive glam metal, I would say that would be power metal.

Images and Words was an amazing album, and IMO is the blueprint of almost every Magna Carta band. I do think the songwriting on Awake was far better.

hahah On occasion, when Im not out, or doin work. I browse this one, and the Symphony X one..I dont dare go into Chat/Off topic...lol Im staying away from there *whispers* Theyll steal ur soul there I tell you!! :D

Monsterxman & Smekermann, stop fighting over some shit like music. Music is my biggest interest, but I would never dream about calling someone else a jerk because his taste is different than mine! As I've said many times before, Everybody got different taste! So I should hate everyone in the world as noone has the same taste as me!
If some guy dislikes a band that I like very much that's just fine, as it's a matter of taste. He surely will like something that I dislike! Whether one person likes a band or not this doesn't make him a moron! Have you ever spoken to him? If not, how can you tell if he's a moron just by what bands he like? Me and my best friend have totally different music taste. All he listens to all day is synthetic electronic shit, especially drum n' bass. I don't mind stuff like Massive Attack and such (although it can seem kind of corny), but drum n' bass is the one genre I can say that I truly, truly hate!!! That's doesn't make him a moron.
I also believe that there's no one who knows nothing about music. My mom rarely listens to her records and cd's anymore, but she can still put on a Shocking Blue/Emperor/beatles/Darkthrone record and say whether she likes it or not! I have 10 times as many records as both of my parents have together, but that doesn't mean I know more or about music than they do. If I play Opeth for them and they don't like it, they don't like it. If they play Richard Clayderman for me and I don't like it, I don't like it as simple as that. Everybody can comment on music, movies, food and everything else that has something to do with taste!

Originally posted by OneFootBlaster
Being a drummer, I do like some rap (mainly percussive stuff like OLD Public Enemy) but the weakassed rapping in Linkin Park is pretty lame.
The reason I gave up drumming was because I started to listen to rap! It was boring just playing a very simple beat over and over again for 4 minuttes!
I don't think Public Enemy made their own drums. They most likely ripped off old records like everybody else in that genre. I know they've jacked James Brown's "Funky drummer" quite a few times! Check that song out and you'll recognize the drum beat at once, as I think it's the one song that's been stolen the most over the years!
the most embarassing cd in my collection is MC Einar: Den nye stil (a danish rap cd) I liked it back in the 80's but hey I was only a kid!
Best Danish rap record EVER imo!!!! I don't listen to rap anymore and I want to sell this record plus the next one they made ("Arh der"). They were both great records and without a doubt the best Danish hip hop releases (alongside Malk de Koijn) if you ask me! I think I first heard it in '89 actually!

Originally posted by Board
The reason I gave up drumming was because I started to listen to rap! It was boring just playing a very simple beat over and over again for 4 minuttes!
I don't think Public Enemy made their own drums. They most likely ripped off old records like everybody else in that genre. I know they've jacked James Brown's "Funky drummer" quite a few times! Check that song out and you'll recognize the drum beat at once, as I think it's the one song that's been stolen the most over the years!

I know that all of thier beats are swiped from other sources, I just meant that they used them quite well... for instance the sample on "She Watch Channel Zero" or Night of The Living Baseheads".. very cool and percussive scratching on there.
BTW- pretty much all of James Brown's music had amazing musicians. Especially "Funky Drummer".

beat this motherfuckers;

u guys remember the ninja turtles? i would have been like 8 at the time. i got some vanilla ice cd...it's still over at my parents place. when i saw them on the weekend, they said they'd found it & wondered if i still wanted it...i guess it dun count since i turned it down, but i did buy it...

If someone wants my copy of Mortiis - Stargate, I'm more than willing to trade it. Hell, I'll even give it away for free if someone wants it.