What's with the lack of power/melodic/prog tours this year?

Thematt202

May 11, 2011
Chesterfield
I've jut realised that I haven't got a single gig to look forward to! Am I missing something or are none of the usual crowd touring this year?

2009 was huge for bands coming to the US for me. 2010 had a few, 2011 only had two, and this year I have nothing except Alestorm and Turisas at the same gig in a few months. Hopefully Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish and Edguy return to make it more like 2009, but I haven't heard anything from any of those bands so we'll see. Sonata's probably the least likely since they'll probably tour Europe all year.

It could be the economy too. Maybe bands will announce tours soon. Last year was huge for album releases so maybe there will be a whollop of announcements soon.

Here's hoping!

Last year was pretty good for me. I saw PQ three times, Alestorm, Symphony X, Sonata Arctica, Labyrinth, Freedom Call, Arthemis and Dream Theater!

Last year I only saw Gamma Ray and Kamelot w/ Fabio, but I at least got to meet them so that was enough for me :D I really hope DT comes back because I had to miss them last time. Had to miss Opeth too, grr...