What's your first concert of 2009?

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Mine will be tonight watching a band that's not prog/power related, Anberlin. I've mentioned them here on the forum before, but got little interest. They're performing at the Orange Peel in Ashville, North Carolina. That same venue has confirmed the Exodus/Kreator and Soilwork tours for later on this year, so they do pull some metal as well.

What's your first concert going to be for the new year?

~Brian~

Honestly, probably nothing until May. There aren't any worthwhile local shows and nothing I'd travel 3 hrs for any time soon. Unless you count whatever band will be playing at the bar I will be at on St Patty's Day.

nothing until Wednesday May 13-Kreator, Exodus, Belphagor, War Bringer, Epicurean
then the next night May 14th-Nightwish and VolBeat

Tyketto next Sunday!! I know it's not metal, but it's doesn't matter..I love this band and am excited to see them! They are also playing with Bombay Black, Eden's Lies and Tango Down. A late Sunday night, but who cares...it's music!!!

As of Right now for me it will be Nightmare Metal Festival with.......................hahahahaha thought i was gonna spill the beans didn't you. We will be making an announcement soon, like in a day or two.

SLIPKNOT, COHEED AND CAMBRIA, and TRIVIUM in Camden, N.J. on February 7th. I hated SLIPKNOT before, but their new album kicks all kinds of ass! Love the guitar solos. I'm old school and demand guitar solos in my metal. Their new album shreds all over the fucking place!