What's your first concert of 2009?

I honestly dont think that I know, which is sad since metal shows are the highlight of my year.

EDIT: Looks like I got nothign til March, but March will be busy:

Soilwork/Darkane
Exodus/Warbringer
Tyr/Alestrom
BLS/Sevendust

Tomorrow night (Jan. 9): Halcyon Way with Speed X (feat. members of Queensryche, BLS and doubleDrive)! :D

Only 'cause you missed the EbS/ShadowMatter et al. show....which was my first of the new year. :)

As of Right now for me it will be Nightmare Metal Festival with.......................hahahahaha thought i was gonna spill the beans didn't you.

As if you haven't been dropping hints here and there for the last few months.... :lol:

Trans-siberian Orchestra. Took my father for christmas this year because they absolutely blew me away last year. Did not dissapoint this time around.

still debating on going to see Meshuggah & Cynic in NYC on February 19th (my birthday!) since I am not really into Meshuggah and saw Cynic at ProgPower Europe last year, but I am going to these shows:
January 28th - Forever's Edge (new power metal band, with some Suspyre members as guests) at Arts Factory in Bayonne, NJ
May 2nd - RoSfest to see Frost* and Abigail's Ghost (and whoever else is playing that day)
May 3rd - Nightwish/Volbeat in Allentown, PA (croc rock)

unless Queen + Paul Rodgers comes to the U.S. to tour this year, that's about all I can afford to go to until ProgPower USA :)

As of Right now for me it will be Nightmare Metal Festival with.......................hahahahaha thought i was gonna spill the beans didn't you. We will be making an announcement soon, like in a day or two.

Yeah, this teasing stuff has worn pretty thin. Either announce it or don't announce it. Don't be The Boy Who Cried Wolf any more.

Bill

Tyketto next Sunday!! I know it's not metal, but it's doesn't matter..I love this band and am excited to see them! They are also playing with Bombay Black, Eden's Lies and Tango Down. A late Sunday night, but who cares...it's music!!!

I'm jealous! I'd love to see Tyketto. Take some pics for us if you can. :kickass: Bombay Black kicks some ass too!

~Brian~

Yeah, this teasing stuff has worn pretty thin. Either announce it or don't announce it. Don't be The Boy Who Cried Wolf any more.

Bill

Yep.
I hope things get announced soon. Time's a wasting.
Two months isn't a very long time to promote a fest such as this and expect a good turnout.
Things need to be considered for the fans such as requesting the time off from work, making flight, travel and hotel arrangements.
I'm just sayin'.....

Tonight, HW & Speed X, and then us with Alestorm, TYR & Suidraka on 2/28 at Masquerade. Then....Nightmare Metal Fest in March. Maybe Soilwork too.