What's your first concert of 2009?

Just saw the touring production of The Lion King yesterday. There are other shows that have better music, but I *love* the staging and the costumes! :kickass:

I have tickets to several Phoenix Symphony performances this spring, but I'm not sure when I'm going to get my next fix of live metal. :(

I'm heading to Lawrence, KS March 7 to see Shooting Star be inducted into the Kansas Music Hall of Fame (http://ksmusichalloffame.org/news.html). It's my one and only chance to see their original lead singer perform. My favorite band since I was a kid, so I can't miss this.

Normally, Lawrence, KS would not be on the top of my vacation destination list.

SLIPKNOT, COHEED AND CAMBRIA, and TRIVIUM in Camden, N.J. on February 7th. I hated SLIPKNOT before, but their new album kicks all kinds of ass! Love the guitar solos. I'm old school and demand guitar solos in my metal. Their new album shreds all over the fucking place!

wOOt!!:kickass: They rule live...

I'm heading to Lawrence, KS March 7 to see Shooting Star be inducted into the Kansas Music Hall of Fame (http://ksmusichalloffame.org/news.html). It's my one and only chance to see their original lead singer perform. My favorite band since I was a kid, so I can't miss this.

Send me a PM if you are interested in getting some drinks while you are in my town.

TSO was the first. Since then I saw Lou Gramm (original singer for Forigner), still debating on AC/DC (tickets WAY overpriced) and will definately see Tesla Feb 7 at the House of Blues.

COF/Satryicon and Septic Flesh..Jan20th in Toronto..Really looking forward to both Satyricon and Septicflesh..their new cd COmmuion is awesome

+1

I'll be looking forward to all 3 bands -- yes, even CoF -- but Septic Flesh should be great. Love Communion and Sumerian Daemons -- and as for the rest of their CDs, maybe someday Vintage Vinyl will "find" the three I ordered and send them as per my 6-month-old order.

TSO was the first. Since then I saw Lou Gramm (original singer for Forigner), still debating on AC/DC (tickets WAY overpriced)

Sheesh, no kiddin'! I can't rationalize the expense either.

SeaStorm, our tastes are similar, so where do I start with exploring Shooting Star?

~Brian~

Mine's probably going to be Kreator/Caliban at the Koko in london. on the 26th of jan.

Epicurean rule. I've seen them a few times in Chicago.

I love those guys, I've known them for 5-7 years or so. They actually crashed at my place the night before the show and ate a nice breakfast of pancakes and coffee before taking off before load in.

Me too! :headbang: Can't wait.

I just got your IM, I'm so sorry we didn't get a chance to talk!

-Metal

First shows lined up for 2009:

JAN. 20TH: THE SWORD/IRON WEED
JAN. 23RD: MURDERERS ROW/MAXIMUM PENALTY
JAN. 31ST: UNEARTH/EVERY TIME I DIE/SICK OF IT ALL
FEB. 21ST: STARKWEATHER
FEB. 23RD: JON JOSEPH spoken word "I GOT YOUR BACK"
FEB. 28TH: E-TOWN CONCRETE/AGENTS OF MAN

Feb. 7th - SLIPKNOT, COHEED AND CAMBRIA, TRIVIUM
Feb. 14th - SOILWORK, DARKANE, WARBRINGER, SWALLOW THE SUN
Feb. 28th - CRADLE OF FILTH, SATYRICON, SEPTICFLESH
Mar. 28th - TYR, ALESTORM, SUIDAKRA