What's your first concert of 2009?

I'm jealous! I'd love to see Tyketto. Take some pics for us if you can. :kickass: Bombay Black kicks some ass too!

~Brian~

Tyketto was amazing!!!!!! I have put a few pics up on Myspace page. I have 4 rolls of 35 mm that I have to develop..but this will give you a taste of the night!! Danny was fantastic...and the band rocked the house!! Bombay Black and Tango Down were great, as well. A long night, and a 3 hr. drive home in the storm, but deff. worth it!!!!

Here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/katydid1960

Jan 13 Saw Metallica, Machine Head and The Sword at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. The Sword, quite honesty were boring. NOt a fan of thier music as much as I've tried. Machine Head and Metallica were good though.

Feb. Nonpoint/Mudvayne at Piere's In Fort Wayne.

Tons of shows in Feb here!

2/7 = Soilwork, Daylight Dies, Swallow the Sun (i love these two openers! going pretty-much just to see them)
Sometime the next week = SlipKnot / Trivium (still trying to talk friends into going to this - probably won't go)
Mid-month = Cradle, Satyricon (already seen 'em, so no way i'm going to that)
2/28 = Scion Fest: Mastadon, etc (really just wanted to see alestorm and tyre, so i'm not sure if i'll bother wading thru the other bands and the expectedly ginormous crowd)

Tyketto was amazing!!!!!! I have put a few pics up on Myspace page. I have 4 rolls of 35 mm that I have to develop..but this will give you a taste of the night!! Danny was fantastic...and the band rocked the house!! Bombay Black and Tango Down were great, as well. A long night, and a 3 hr. drive home in the storm, but deff. worth it!!!!

Here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/katydid1960

Powergirl, glad you enjoyed the show! I'll check out your pics later on. :kickass:

~Brian~

Change of plans, my first show of the year will be the Pink Floyd tribute band The Machine. Then Satyricon w/Septic Flesh then Iron Maiden w/ Carcass

Mid-month = Cradle, Satyricon (already seen 'em, so no way i'm going to that)

Don't forget that Septic Flesh are also on the bill...their first-ever US tour. I'm not going just to see them because I like CoF and Satyricon a lot too, but they're the icing on the cake for me.

2/28 = Scion Fest: Mastadon, etc (really just wanted to see alestorm and tyre, so i'm not sure if i'll bother wading thru the other bands and the expectedly ginormous crowd)

Suidakra, who also haven't played here before AFAIK, were the icing on that original tour for me.

The crowd will depend a lot on how many people travel for the show -- since it's a one-off -- and how tricky it is to get the free tickets for it. I've heard differing stories about the tickets...some say it will require visiting websites and maybe buying CDs from the bands playing, while others are saying that tickets will be available at local record stores like Criminal Records, presumably for free.

2/7 = Soilwork, Daylight Dies, Swallow the Sun (i love these two openers! going pretty-much just to see them)
I totally agree. I'm gonna see them on March 8th, but I'm really only going for Swallow The Sun. Too bad they aren't the headliner....

Didn't have anything lined up until March, but a friend just got me into the Metallica concert at the Nassau Coliseum. Regardless of the weaknesses in their last releases, I'm totally psyched for this show. Unfortunately, I also have to accompany my friend to SlipKnot the next week. Anyone like them who can suggest some songs I might be able to get into, just so I have something to do at that show besides grimace?