Stockholmers - fed up with the lack of bands coming through

16S

all gods fail...
Apr 14, 2007
Reading, UK
I have been living in Stockholm for 3 years and i am fed up with the lack of small bands coming here. Is it just too expensive? I would love to see more small label death and grind bands here. Its crap!!! Am i missing something??
At least i got to Neumenon and General Surgery recently. I am always checking ticnet and Fryshuset and club distortion. What else?? Are there some smaller venues ?? :cry:

There used be loads of swedish deathmetal bands in the 90s. But they used to say there was no audience for it sweden itself... maybe its still the same? They maybe all play in a band orso wich doesnt break through, so they get pissed and cba to support foreign bands? Or bands or skipping sweden on their tours cause maybe the crowd sucks there, i dunno. Something similar i sometimes notice in Belgium. Crowds are to lazy to bang here even.

Freddrik - thanks for the link.

Devildriver, Behemoth, Arsis, Unearth, Amon Amarth.. is exactly my problem. With the exception of Behemoth, who i consider a bigger name: where are the real death and grind bands???? :-((((

Do you see any local DM or grind bands in town? ..if so where do you go? Thanks

Oh man, when i first read this thread I thought you meant recording-wise, not seeing the bands live. I was thinking "you got to record General Surgery, and you think you have the right to complain about anything?" :lol: